Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
Don't project your own fears of inferiority onto other peoples arguments.

Anybody who claims to understand enough about the EU to make a competent fully evidence-based decision is almost certainly lying. The only thing we all understand now is that the process of disentanglement isn't as simple as we were told (although I think that was pretty obvious from the start).

A simple argument for a threshold (maybe not as extreme as 66%) is that it's a decision that incurs years (possibly decades) of work and an immense cost attached.

You don't move house because you saw a picture and you think you might like the new one.

I wonder why you think I've got any fear of inferiority. Are you saying I'm scared of you ?

Ignoring the little attempted put down, the rest of it simply makes no sense. Not all decisions are evidence based, and there's no requirement that they should be.
The bit about a "threshold" is just rewording the idea that one set of people's votes should count more than another set of people's votes. It's not acceptable in a democracy, and it's as simple as that.

It doesn't matter how many times you try to rephrase it, your position is that your minority is more qualified to decide than my majority. You're not kidding anyone though , because that's rejecting democracy.