+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Welsh egg

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Welsh egg

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    As opposed to people taking coke and necking bottles of wine outside the canton stand.

Read my other posts I say I admit there are some people that go just get drunk. Usually in the lowest tier with the cheapest tickets.

If wales football had the rugby attendances there would be fighting without a doubt in the centre.

The one time wales did, v england, there was scrapping all day.

Wales v england in the rugby?. I didn't see a fight all day last year and I went to the game.

One of the main reasons there wasn't fighting last year during the games at the Euros was England fans outnumbered wales fans about 20-1.

BTW I am not here to criticise welsh football fans. I'm not the one generalising as if some drunk stag do's equate to all rugby fans.

"I didn't see a fight all day last year and I went to the game."

I believe, it was last year, that an Ingurlund RUGBY fan got stabbed in the Ivor Davies

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    "I didn't see a fight all day last year and I went to the game."

I believe, it was last year, that an Ingurlund RUGBY fan got stabbed in the Ivor Davies
    http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wa...iddle-10891543

That went down well with the establishment...

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wa...iddle-10891543

That went down well with the establishment...
    "Superintendent Andrew Morgan, of the British Transport Police, said rugby fans could be more difficult to deal with than football fans, who pushed boundaries but generally listened to police officers and kept to a routine."

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    "Superintendent Andrew Morgan, of the British Transport Police, said rugby fans could be more difficult to deal with than football fans, who pushed boundaries but generally listened to police officers and kept to a routine."
    And on rugby fans:
    “They will expect to get through [the station barriers] and get a train home. They will be heavily inebriated. On any other day of the week, they will be perfectly law-abiding family people who know how to behave.

“Today, they won’t listen. They won’t take advice or warnings. They will be a nightmare.

“I would like to film some of these people and, when they’re back in their three-piece suit on the Monday morning going off to work, play the tape back to them – because it’s a disgrace.

“Our problem is middle-aged men, in particular, who think that they can behave any way they like.

see the reaction of some of the egging fans blaming everyone else for their behavior bar them self's what a joke ****ing piss heads.

Why can't everyone just accept that there are both good and bad amongst both football supporters and rugby supporters and that supporting these two sports does not have to be mutually exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Why can't everyone just accept that there are both good and bad amongst both football supporters and rugby supporters and that supporting these two sports does not have to be mutually exclusive.
    Exactly. The moral high ground taken by some on here is risible. Funnily enough I don’t hear rugby fans making obscene football chants that I regularly here at football games. Both sets of supporters have good and bad, drunk and sober,thuggish and well behaved.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Exactly. The moral high ground taken by some on here is risible. Funnily enough I don’t hear rugby fans making obscene football chants that I regularly here at football games. Both sets of supporters have good and bad, drunk and sober,thuggish and well behaved.
    I think it comes from the fact that, and I'm big enough to admit it, football fans have a chip on their shoulder. We've been told we're hooligans, thugs, banned from playing in schools, and treated like aliens when we say we prefer football to rugby. After years of the establishment ramming rugby down our throat, it was nice that football was top dog last summer.

Frankly, rugby in Wales in an absolute mess. The regions haven't worked, they never get big crowds and a lot of fans don't know the players or who's next in line for Wales. For many, a Wales home game is an excuse to get pissed. Wales were on the 5m line in 2006, right in front of me, playing Australia, and the lads in front of me went to get a pint. The game ended as a draw, and when we scored I looked up to see there were hundreds of people going up and down with their beers.

Anyway, the game of rugby is great, I really enjoy it. Wales are a competitive nation (should be better) and there needs to be a drastic shake up of the game at home. The club sides will probably die out unless they get significant levels of support from the WRU as they can't compete with the crowds and spending of Ireland, England and France.

I think it comes from the fact that, and I'm big enough to admit it, football fans have a chip on their shoulder. We've been told we're hooligans, thugs, banned from playing in schools, and treated like aliens when we say we prefer football to rugby. After years of the establishment ramming rugby down our throat, it was nice that football was top dog last summer.

Frankly, rugby in Wales in an absolute mess. The regions haven't worked, they never get big crowds and a lot of fans don't know the players or who's next in line for Wales. For many, a Wales home game is an excuse to get pissed. Wales were on the 5m line in 2006, right in front of me, playing Australia, and the lads in front of me went to get a pint. The game ended as a draw, and when we scored I looked up to see there were hundreds of people going up and down with their beers.

Anyway, the game of rugby is great, I really enjoy it. Wales are a competitive nation (should be better) and there needs to be a drastic shake up of the game at home. The club sides will probably die out unless they get significant levels of support from the WRU as they can't compete with the crowds and spending of Ireland, England and France.
    Good post.

This.

That'd be the easy option.

Some on this thread are making out watching wales football or cardiff is like watching england at lords.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    That'd be the easy option.

Some on this thread are making out watching wales football or cardiff is like watching england at lords.
    Youre doing pretty much the same about Welsh rugby

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    Youre doing pretty much the same about Welsh rugby
    Ive said there a huge number of idiots that go to get hammered. Not that there is much wrong in planning on drinking alot

But they're generalising like:

"see the reaction of some of the egging fans blaming everyone else for their behavior bar them self's what a joke ****ing piss heads."

nearly everyone drinks yes but an extreme minority are the ones that are violent / anti social

This is a waste of time talk though, it happens all the time on here.

Cardiff reputation is set in stone around the UK as being complete scum. Because people generalise about a fan base based on a minority.

Oh that's a very valid point Nick. I think many of the negative comments about rugby supporters (at internationals anyway) is borne out of genuine frustration that their bad behaviour generally gets overlooked by the media, but if a city fan so much as looks at someone the wrong way it guarantees a headline.

Genuinely I have seen behaviour at rugby internationals that just wouldn't be tolerated anywhere near a football ground.

I freely admit that I hate the cowboy hats, the leeks, the daffodil hats, the barbour wearing drunks with their hipflasks breathing stale whisky over everyone, the ticket touts, the del boys selling their tat on queen street. I hate the fact that the team that finishes a game is unrecognisible from the team that started the game, the rule changes, the style of play these days, the corporate hospitality and the whole "look at me" event that it's become. THAT'S what I dislike about today's rugby. The rugby I used to like, was the rugby for working men, played by working men for whom a Saturday afternoon was a break from the mines and the factories.

Kudos to you for supporting your local club, but that's a world away from the "event" that we see at the prinicpality.

We're straying off the point of the OP here though (I take my share of the blame for that) which is the, imho, idiotic decision to weaken the national team by denying the best players a cap if they dare to ply their trade in Bath for example.

Quote Originally Posted by nins27 View Post
    see the reaction of some of the egging fans blaming everyone else for their behavior bar them self's what a joke ****ing piss heads.
    Won't someone think of the children

I doubt you are more well behaved than me and I go to nearly every wales rugby game.