+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cameron Coxe released.....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cameron Coxe released.....

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    No, I don't think so, clubs could have made enquiries about him with a view to taking him on loan and were turned down.
    Well if Exeter were one then apparently it was then that refused it.

I would also think that if Harris wanted to play him in the Cup then he would have held off any loans until we were out. Coxe may just be a victim of circumstances. Harsh to be judged on just 3 cup games in a makeshift team

However in the cold light of day I’d say both Brown and Bagan did better in their games.

How many players do you keep in the hope they break through ??

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Well if Exeter were one then apparently it was then that refused it.

I would also think that if Harris wanted to play him in the Cup then he would have held off any loans until we were out. Coxe may just be a victim of circumstances. Harsh to be judged on just 3 cup games in a makeshift team

However in the cold light of day I’d say both Brown and Bagan did better in their games.

How many players do you keep in the hope they break through ??
    Agreed. The club and coaches would have worked with him every day. For whatever reason he's been deemed not good enough, like thousands before him. We don't have much of an idea what type of player he was, what his strengths were, how he reacted or what his character was like, nobody has made a case for him on here based on his footballing ability, yet some are surprised he's been released, based on what?

He's 21, he's not playing, he was poor against Carlisle, that was his last chance and he didn't take it. People can cite a make shift team, and ridiculously saying that other players didn't perform either (what has that got to do with it?) The fact is that Coxe was given an opportunity to show his worth on two occasions and he blew it. There aren't any excuses, all he had to do was concentrate on himself and do the basics right and offer a bit of quality when going forward, he didn't.

Without sounding condescending i really think that fans need to understand that football is brutal, it's not like other jobs where you can fail at things, young footballers don't get that many chances. I'm trusting the club on this call, they know him better than anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Agreed. The club and coaches would have worked with him every day. For whatever reason he's been deemed not good enough, like thousands before him. We don't have much of an idea what type of player he was, what his strengths were, how he reacted or what his character was like, nobody has made a case for him on here based on his footballing ability, yet some are surprised he's been released, based on what?

He's 21, he's not playing, he was poor against Carlisle, that was his last chance and he didn't take it. People can cite a make shift team, and ridiculously saying that other players didn't perform either (what has that got to do with it?) The fact is that Coxe was given an opportunity to show his worth on two occasions and he blew it. There aren't any excuses, all he had to do was concentrate on himself and do the basics right and offer a bit of quality when going forward, he didn't.

Without sounding condescending i really think that fans need to understand that football is brutal, it's not like other jobs where you can fail at things, young footballers don't get that many chances. I'm trusting the club on this call, they know him better than anyone else.
    You're right, football is brutal, or at least it can be for some. I don't think that any of the thirteen players involved today (Whyte wasn't on the pitch long enough to be criticised in the same) will be judged in the same way as Coxe was for a performance I thought lacked desire, conviction and ability - it was as if they were thinking we've got no chance without Tomlin, and we're talking experienced players here, yet I bet they'll all be involved again on Tuesday.

I'm not saying that because I'm defending Cameron Coxe (I said earlier in the thread, I can understand the club's decision in a way)', but it does seem to me that there are double standards in play here.