+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Season Ticket Info

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Season Ticket Info

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    That was point really so thank you for precising my ramblings

If I didn't pay for my son he wouldn't be able to go as he now has a mortgage etc so it's not as simple as being the cheapest around as it is not as if we would go support Bristol or Swansea if they were cheaper
    You've made really good points mate. You're right with everything you say. I get the social side, but everything is a financial decision at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    You've made really good points mate. You're right with everything you say. I get the social side, but everything is a financial decision at the end of the day.
    Must be tough for loads of fans, it’s not just the initial outlay for the season ticket, especially those who don’t live local, travel costs, food etc. Us, who live local, have to appreciate how lucky we are living here. For instance, evening games (Wales games included), I drive down, about 10 minutes, park up, go to the match, not even opening my wallet. Must be a right trial for those who live further afield.

Saturday games are completely different, we treat the ground as the Betty Ford Clinic, keeps us off the ale for a few hours!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Must be tough for loads of fans, it’s not just the initial outlay for the season ticket, especially those who don’t live local, travel costs, food etc. Us, who live local, have to appreciate how lucky we are living here. For instance, evening games (Wales games included), I drive down, about 10 minutes, park up, go to the match, not even opening my wallet. Must be a right trial for those who live further afield.

Saturday games are completely different, we treat the ground as the Betty Ford Clinic, keeps us off the ale for a few hours!
    I've missed a lot this season. I will renew my season ticket again though. But yeah, evening KOs aren't great if you've got mobility problems even if you live close like I do. Combine that with sh*t weather and the trash football and I've found myself just not bothering so much since January. But, there's the social side, and it DOES force me out of the house...even if it is guilt that finally motivates me!

But football's not cheap. The social side is not cheap. We're all different types of supporters and our style of support changes as we get older. There's no one-size-fits-all. Away matches need Schakelton-style planning these days for me and Mrs. C! If we get it wrong, we're stuck somewhere like St Andrews for a year until the rescue boat turns up.