+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Has Warnock given up?

Has Warnock given up?

Neil Warnock says he would not complain if Cardiff sacked him.

“If the time came when Vincent (Tan) felt someone would be a better option I wouldn’t have a problem with that.”

Warnock on job insecurities: "Every big agent nowadays is pushing managers' names and I've already heard two or three been mentioned for my job. What's the worst scenario? I could go away with (wife) Sharon to Italy or somewhere and have a nice, relaxed Christmas."

Re: Has Warnock given up?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post

“If the time came when Vincent (Tan) felt someone would be a better option I wouldn’t have a problem with that.”

Warnock on job insecurities: "Every big agent nowadays is pushing managers' names and I've already heard two or three been mentioned for my job. What's the worst scenario? I could go away with (wife) Sharon to Italy or somewhere and have a nice, relaxed Christmas."
    He's always talked about it like this. Even in pre season he'd say "well you know what vincent's like" and "it doesn't bother me, I'll just get my 9th promotion".

Time to get behind him now ffs, no one else would've got him here and we should have his back to make sure that he stays, because realistically do you think any one else has a better chance of keeping us up? He knows these players, and imo it's a pleasure to be a part of such a tightly knit club, compared to how it's been in recent years.

Even if we get beat 5-0 vs Tottenham, and 2-0 vs Fulham, I know I'll enjoy it a lot more than losing with any other manager.

I can see how that might be interpreted as such but our Neil has a history of playing everything down as far as the media is concerned.
    He will be making all the right noises to Tan.

Mourinho on the other hand...

Quote Originally Posted by pgbluebird View Post
    He's always talked about it like this. Even in pre season he'd say "well you know what vincent's like" and "it doesn't bother me, I'll just get my 9th promotion".

Time to get behind him now ffs, no one else would've got him here and we should have his back to make sure that he stays, because realistically do you think any one else has a better chance of keeping us up? He knows these players, and imo it's a pleasure to be a part of such a tightly knit club, compared to how it's been in recent years.

Even if we get beat 5-0 vs Tottenham, and 2-0 vs Fulham, I know I'll enjoy it a lot more than losing with any other manager.
    ^^^

I like Neil, a lot, and he is comfortably the most widely liked manager we've ever had, and with good reason. I am also of the opinion the tide will turn and we will get 3 or 4 wins before the halfway stage, it's too obvious and easy for us to just go down with a stupidly low total of points.

That being said, some people are far far too sentimental regarding Warnock. This season is in no way to be enjoyed, it is to be endured. However of 'moments to be enjoyed' we've already missed out 3 times. So far, against the 3 other worst teams in the league, we've picked up 2 points, which simply isn't good enough. People will moan if he goes or is sacked, but if he doesn't get at least 4 points by the Brighton game, then he should deservedly be sacked, whilst we find a long term replacement... as I don't think he was ever going to be 'long term' anyway.

He's always said this. He's constantly said, if someone will sack me that's OK, I'll get another job and get my 9th promotion. He's 69, so he's probably pretty chilled.

Quote Originally Posted by pgbluebird View Post

So much depends on what the attitude of those running the club is about this season, but Neil Warnock deserves more than seven games to try and get things right.

That said, I'd say the answer to the question I've highlighted is, almost certainly, yes - much was made of our manager's record in the top division and, so far, all of the signs are that it'll be more of the same this time.

If we're still awaiting a win after we play Brighton on 10 November and the attitude of those in the Boardroom is that we are determined to stay up, as opposed to improving the club finances being the priority, then I think our manager will be under real pressure - I also think the attitude of many fans will have changed for the worse as far as Neil Warnock is concerned if we are still in the bottom three awaiting that win.

Yes, he does always say things in this manner.

But it’s a little degrading when he comes out with things like he’s run out of ideas regarding the defence etc.

If I was one the players I’d be worried.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So much depends on what the attitude of those running the club is about this season, but Neil Warnock deserves more than seven games to try and get things right.

That said, I'd say the answer to the question I've highlighted is, almost certainly, yes - much was made of our manager's record in the top division and, so far, all of the signs are that it'll be more of the same this time.

If we're still awaiting a win after we play Brighton on 10 November and the attitude of those in the Boardroom is that we are determined to stay up, as opposed to improving the club finances being the priority, then I think our manager will be under real pressure - I also think the attitude of many fans will have changed for the worse as far as Neil Warnock is concerned if we are still in the bottom three awaiting that win.
    I would think that the main reason to change manager in those circumstances is to bring someone in who can persuade a few decent players to come here in January..

Got to be fair ,if your in a job working your bollocks off , caring , knowing you not had the right funds and tools , knowing others mentioned for your job ,must be tough , I'd be writing the same ,If I was him at his stage in life .

I feel for him and let not forget his brilliant backroom team who are younger and need the work.

Football is unforgiving as we all know deep down, he and his team will ,and are struggling, and may not have to tools or ability to get over this .

It deeply saddens me ,as he rescued my bloody club from despair, and brought great personal joy to my life last year , I so enjoyed the turn around , and that promotion ,wow , so much better than the Malky one.

Please win/draw Saturday City , then beat Fulham .

Sounds like he wants to get sacked to me when reading this article.
    Sad if true.
    www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45756398

He did not say that what he said was "if VT wanted to go in a different direction, I would be ok with that", now you can read into that, meaning the other direction means replacing him, It could mean numerous things whatever you like, but he did not say "if someone was a better option"

Neil has already cemented his place in history as one of the great City legends. I would put him ahead of Jimmy Scoular. The danger now is the situation could end up like a boxing match, where the ref doesn't step in early enough, and it could be very painful to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Neil has already cemented his place in history as one of the great City legends. I would put him ahead of Jimmy Scoular. The danger now is the situation could end up like a boxing match, where the ref doesn't step in early enough, and it could be very painful to watch.
    To be ahead of Jimmy is going some in my humble view .

As I've said before, the blame lies with whoever thought spending 26M on Championship players was going to be enough. If it was NW, then he is culpable. It that's all Tan would cough up, then it would be unfair to sack NW.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Agreed.

I would put him ahead of Jimmy Scoular.
    that’s a bold statement

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I see your point, but Scoular didn't win anything, whereas Warnock got a team on the verge of relegation promoted. Don't forget the 70-71 team ultimately managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, and that moment was the beginning of a long and slow decline. I know it's controversial, but I'm sticking with my opinion.

I see your point, but Scoular didn't win anything, whereas Warnock got a team on the verge of relegation promoted. Don't forget the 70-71 team ultimately managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. And that moment was the beginning of a long and slow decline. I know it's controversial, but I'm sticking with my opinion.
    I agree with your assessment of the relative abilities of the two managers. Jimmy gave us hope but left us ultimately with an expectation of failure

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I agree with your assessment of the relative abilities of the two managers. Jimmy gave us hope but left us ultimately with an expectation of failure
    Jimmy Scoular was a great manager, there is no doubt about that. You could argue that Jimmy had his hands tied with the sale of Toshack, but Warboys was quite prolific during his first season with us. I think it all ended up being a step too far, with the capitulation at Sheffield United being a case in point. When the chips were down with Warnock's team, he dragged them over the finishing line.