+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ralls deserved a yellow

Ralls deserved a yellow

Or so says Mark Halsey in the S*n.

These never get overturned though and I can certainly see why he was sent off.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footb...m-lucas-moura/

Re: Ralls deserved a yellow

I said it in the match thread when it happened and I stand by my judgement. It wasn't a red card under any of the laws of the game. The ref reacted to the Spurs players' anger and he acted on emotion, which many people have since done. You can't referee a game like that and I hope he gets docked some points in his performance assessment. It ruined the last 30 mins for us.

Well, Mike Dean is a Spurs fan... He's celebrated two goals while reffing them, so it is a bit odd he's allowed to.

Of course it’s a red. The ball is long gone for Ralls, he looks over his shoulder, there goes another second with him turning his head the other way, and he jumps in, knee high without any control if he kicks his legs straight of or trips him. It’s dangerous play, and it’s a straight red card. People saying otherwise can’t have seen the replay.

It's a red for me - simply because I don't want to see that kind of cynical play in the game. If it was the other way around and a Spurs player had done that we'd all be shouting for a red card. Could you imagine the uproar if Harry Kane had done that and got away with just a yellow card, we'd be saying he only stayed on the pitch because he's the Golden Boy of English football.

Red card

red card
    if he had half a brain he would have just pulled his shirt and just got a yellow.

Red card all day long

Yup a red card.
    What the feck was he thinking?

Violent conduct all day long and a red card and a 3 match ban.
    If the Premier League think our appeal is frivolous then it could be increased to 4.

Damour or Aron to replace him for the next 3 games?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    It's a red for me - simply because I don't want to see that kind of cynical play in the game. If it was the other way around and a Spurs player had done that we'd all be shouting for a red card. Could you imagine the uproar if Harry Kane had done that and got away with just a yellow card, we'd be saying he only stayed on the pitch because he's the Golden Boy of English football.
    I've been following football since 1962 and that sort of cynical play has been part of the game all that time.ì

As I said in another thread Gary Bell and Don Murray would have missed a large part of the season.

Of course some City fans would have called forca red card if Harry Kane had done it.

And Spurs fans would by and large said it was a yellow.

Doesn' t make the decision a right one.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    I've been following football since 1962 and that sort of cynical play has been part of the game all that time.

As I said in another thread Gary Bell and Don Murray would have missed a large part of the season.

Of course some City fans would have called forca red card if Harry Kane had done it.

And Spurs fans would by and large said it was a yellow.

Doesn' t make the decision a right one.

You used to be able to get away with shoulder charging the 'keeper into the back of the net at one time.

I don't think Harry Kane would have been so blatantly mindless to be honest.

By and large, most of our fans on this thread are saying a "red" - I doubt Spurs fans would be reacting any differently.

I think it's stupid and probably deserving of a red card for that alone but I don't think anyone can get on their high horse when a former FIFA referee says it was a yellow. Why he didn't pull him back, only Ralls knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post

You used to be able to get away with shoulder charging the 'keeper into the back of the net at one time.

I don't think Harry Kane would have been so blatantly mindless to be honest.

By and large, most of our fans on this thread are saying a "red" - I doubt Spurs fans would be reacting any differently.
    I was only using Bell and Murray as examples.

I have seen many similar tackles in the recent past get yellows or even go unpunished.

I don't know you call it mindless. I am sure Ralls knew exactly what he was doing and expected a yellow card.

I think is more 50/50 as to whether it was yellow.

Did you see Ings challenge on the Chelsea player yesterday.

Far more dangerous and a yellow card.

There are rules and stipulations for red cards. "Stupid" is not one of them. It was not a red offense.

Yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    There are rules and stipulations for red cards. "Stupid" is not one of them. It was not a red offense.
    No, Ralls was stupid, the tackle was violent conduct.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    He's been stupid and allowed the referee to interpret it as violent conduct. If it was a different ref, we might see a different outcome. We've appealed anyway but these ones never get overturned.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He's been stupid and allowed the referee to interpret it as violent conduct. If it was a different ref, we might see a different outcome. We've appealed anyway but these ones never get overturned.
    Correct. Ralls took the risk and came off second best. That's football. Same for defenders in the box, get the wrong side of an attacker and make contact-player goes down-Penalty. If you get yourself into shit positions, aren't concentrating etc, then commit a foul to compensate for your own poor play, then the risk is there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Correct. Ralls took the risk and came off second best. That's football. Same for defenders in the box, get the wrong side of an attacker and make contact-player goes down-Penalty. If you get yourself into shit positions, aren't concentrating etc, then commit a foul to compensate for your own poor play, then the risk is there.
    A ridiculous tackle, would have been charged with assault if he did that on the street.

Red all day long. I wonder what he was thinking , pulling the shirt would have been a better option.

Double red, one for the tackle, one for being a Cardiff player.

The good thing might be he’s banned for 4 games. He shouldn’t have been on the pitch anyway he was awful on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    The good thing might be he’s banned for 4 games. He shouldn’t have been on the pitch anyway he was awful on Saturday
    Gunnarsson was on the bench, be good if he gets a start to see how he works with Victor and Arter

CardiffCitySince1927

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    He’s been crucial for us the over the season so far, making the most interceptions and most ball recoveries. He also has the most passes, forward passes and key passes. Don’t write off our most vital midfielder after one poor game