+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: BBC Remain

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: BBC Remain

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    For starters I'd go for: nationalise banks (else let them remain commercial but require them to have a 100% reserve ratio for extending credit), take a pin to the ridiculous property bubble to ensure homes and rents are much more affordable, introduce a land and Tobin tax to pay for a massive house building programme, end the treasonous Kalergi shite, make the position of head of state and 900+ members of the House of Lords subject to regular elections so they become more accountable and can be elbowed instead of having lifetime roles, ditto for top judges and police chiefs, either legalise all drugs which are currently illegal to regulate them or go the Saudi route by executing every dealer and user for the current middle way is not working and is the catalyst for most crime along with antisocial behaviour and is slowly ruining communities and society.
    For a while there Organ you were talking real sense.... then you lost it!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    For a while there Organ you were talking real sense.... then you lost it!
    At what point do you think he lost it? "banks"? Surely no further than "100% reserve ratio"?

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    At what point do you think he lost it? "banks"? Surely no further than "100% reserve ratio"?
    I ignored what was in the brackets, and was cheering Organ on up to and including 'massive housebuilding programme'.

I ignored what was in the brackets, and was cheering Organ on up to and including 'massive housebuilding programme'.
    2001, UK population - 58 million (2001 Census), today, UK population - 67 million (ONS estimate). Unless you contend that enough new abodes have been built during that span - and I'd love to see you try to make that case - to accommodate 9 million extra people then throwing up masses of new homes is what's required. Tacking on half a million residents on average each year requires adding a new city the size of Liverpool just to stand still. Without knowing, I'd wager the only building programme that has kept pace with the upsurge was the construction of mosques.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    2001, UK population - 58 million (2001 Census), today, UK population - 67 million (ONS estimate). Unless you contend that enough new abodes have been built during that span - and I'd love to see you try to make that case - to accommodate 9 million extra people then throwing up masses of new homes is what's required. Tacking on half a million residents on average each year requires adding a new city the size of Liverpool just to stand still. Without knowing, I'd wager the only building programme that has kept pace with the upsurge was the construction of mosques.
    Eh? I was agreeing with you that we need a massive housebuilding programme. Calm down or I'll give Sludge a ring.

Duplicate - ignore.

Duplicate - ignore.
    Another doppelganger?