+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 0 SWANSEA CITY. Match thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: CARDIFF CITY v SWANSEA CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    Why this forecast, you miserable so and so?
    Is that the result you want?
    No, what makes you think it's the result I want?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    No, what makes you think it's the result I want?
    I haven’t got long left to live at my age. It’s just preferable for my sanity to be optimistic rather than pessimistic in general in life. Plenty of bad things will happen to me as I am now elderly and becoming a little frail.

When competing as a serious athlete for many years from age 13 to over 50 against my peers (not my superiors obviously); I never started a race thinking that I didn’t have a fair chance of winning. The City are at home to a team that is quite beatable- they’re not playing Man City or Barcelona for example. Against Swansea at home in their current form thus far this season, we must have a good chance of victory. Not saying we will win, but I am not going to forecast yet another victory for our deadly rivals. They’ve won too often against us recently and I for one am confident our luck will change against this opposition in this crucial fixture. Therefore, my forecast is 3-1 to the world famous Cardiff City.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    I haven’t got long left to live at my age. It’s just preferable for my sanity to be optimistic rather than pessimistic in general in life. Plenty of bad things will happen to me as I am now elderly and becoming a little frail.

When competing as a serious athlete for many years from age 13 to over 50 against my peers (not my superiors obviously); I never started a race thinking that I didn’t have a fair chance of winning. The City are at home to a team that is quite beatable- they’re not playing Man City or Barcelona for example. Against Swansea at home in their current form thus far this season, we must have a good chance of victory. Not saying we will win, but I am not going to forecast yet another victory for our deadly rivals. They’ve won too often against us recently and I for one am confident our luck will change against this opposition in this crucial fixture. Therefore, my forecast is 3-1 to the world famous Cardiff City.
    Respect your point of view, but I don’t think it’s the fans you should be directing something like that at (they’ll all be hoping for the best before kick off), it’s the players who go out with an attitude that looks like they believe they’re facing Man City or Barcelona that are the real problem - people only make pessimistic forecasts because they remember what’s happened against Swansea far too often in recent years.