+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Anyone watching Wales - Germany?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Anyone watching Wales - Germany?

try watching games from the 70's and 80's on u tube too valley boy to see there,s no comparison to modern football . we've always had discussions on this board about the greatest players but you can't compare from different eras

the same in every sport but I think rugby is a sport where it really hits home the power and pace thats required these days at the top level . a run of the mill club rugby side would smash the great wales sides from the early 70' s etc

i think the modern athlete has reached his/her peak now in terms of power and pace . .Where is top level sport going in the future say in 5 or 10 years time ?

Re: Anyone watching Wales - Germany?

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    try watching games from the 70's and 80's on u tube too valley boy to see there,s no comparison to modern football . we've always had discussions on this board about the greatest players but you can't compare from different eras

the same in every sport but I think rugby is a sport where it really hits home the power and pace thats required these days at the top level . a run of the mill club rugby side would smash the great wales sides from the early 70' s etc

i think the modern athlete has reached his/her peak now in terms of power and pace . .Where is top level sport going in the future say in 5 or 10 years time ?
    A genius would be just that in any era as they'd have the same advantages. I don't really understand the point you make, are you saying that Einstein wouldn't be a genius if he was born into our generation, or beethoven, Darwin etc?