+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: You've just won 5 million quid on the Lotto!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: You've just won 5 million quid on the Lotto!

I’d set aside a fund to make sure that my nephews and niece can go through university or an educational route of their choosing without having the pressure of student debt burdening them. I’d also make sure that there is plenty to look after my parents as they fall dependent on others in older age.

I’d quit my present employment and head off to see all the wonders of the world that I’m yet to visit. Chichen Itza, Nazca, Teotihaucan, Machu Picchu.

On my return I’d spend several months deciding on a small business which I could run as a sole trader and that would genuinely be enjoyable. A business that would afford me the time to study whatever college course took my fancy.

I’d also make a healthy and sizeable donation to Macmillan Cancer Support.

That aside, I suspect that I’d play a lot of golf and drink too much fine red wine.

Re: You've just won 5 million quid on the Lotto!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dargavel View Post
    I’d set aside a fund to make sure that my nephews and niece can go through university or an educational route of their choosing without having the pressure of student debt burdening them. I’d also make sure that there is plenty to look after my parents as they fall dependent on others in older age.

I’d quit my present employment and head off to see all the wonders of the world that I’m yet to visit. Chichen Itza, Nazca, Teotihaucan, Machu Picchu.

On my return I’d spend several months deciding on a small business which I could run as a sole trader and that would genuinely be enjoyable. A business that would afford me the time to study whatever college course took my fancy.

I’d also make a healthy and sizeable donation to Macmillan Cancer Support.

That aside, I suspect that I’d play a lot of golf and drink too much fine red wine.
    While it is always nice not to have to have a load of student loans, they really are not a burden. there is a lot of mis-information of what I believe is actually a good system.

I have 25k of loans, and I am under no pressure to pay it, I currently do not earn enough to pay anything back, and when i do it is just a small percentage on what I earn over 23k a year. Most people never will have to pay back there entire loan by the time it is wiped off. It also does not affect credit rating or mortgage applications.

it is really just a graduate tax which the government has done a terrible job of marketing.

martin lewis explains it really well - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Mu0Q8Rl_I8