+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just got back.....

Just got back.....

4-1 was harsh but we were (not surprisingly!) beaten by a better team.

That said, I don’t feel too despondent as, we were in the game at 2-1 until Bamba gave away the penalty which you could also see happening in slow motion as Willian took control of the ball. Bamba will know that it was rash.

I thought that all of the players put in a shift today and can’t complain about any of them. My only observations are that Reid was far too easily swatted off the ball by Luiz (get him on the protein shakes!) and that when Camarasa moved inside after Arter went off, he was much more involved (which is a good thing as he looks to be a decent player). Even Madine won a few headers when he came on....!

So, strangely for a 4-1 scoreline, I still saw lots of positives today.

Two words on our support today: it was both excellent in terms of noise levels and passion (the acoustics at Stamford Bridge meant that I didn’t hear any of the Chelsea fans until 65th minute) and yet utterly pathetic to see so many pissed up blokes actually fighting with each other. Quite shameful.

Re: Just got back.....

Fighting?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post

That said, I don’t feel too despondent as, we were in the game at 2-1 until Bamba gave away the penalty which you could also see happening in slow motion as Willian took control of the ball. Bamba will know that it was rash.

I thought that all of the players put in a shift today and can’t complain about any of them. My only observations are that Reid was far too easily swatted off the ball by Luiz (get him on the protein shakes!) and that when Camarasa moved inside after Arter went off, he was much more involved (which is a good thing as he looks to be a decent player). Even Madine won a few headers when he came on....!

Two words on our support today: it was both excellent in terms of noise levels and passion (the acoustics at Stamford Bridge meant that I didn’t hear any of the Chelsea fans until 65th minute) and yet utterly pathetic to see so many pissed up blokes actually fighting with each other. Quite shameful.
    Opposite view to you, I didn't see anything positive. Individuals producing the odd glimpse isn't enough in my opinion, we have to be competitive, even if it's only for a couple of minutes at a time, we weren't, and were never in the game even if the score line seemed like we were.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Fighting?
    Got the vibe it was gonna kick off and got away quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Fighting?
    Yep. With stewards having to intervene.

Depressing to see.

Depressing to see.
    It's a staple at big games, more of an event for the pissheads, a day out away from their shitty village. Sad state of affairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It's a staple at big games, more of an event for the pissheads, a day out away from their shitty village. Sad state of affairs.
    Exactly... don't mean to sound condesending but with these people like wtf they doing? Like c'mon, get nicked and boom... career over, life is stuck at the bottom

Positive vibes please... on the pitch, they follow sportsmanship (apart from Eden Hazard), let's do that off the pitch

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    Exactly... don't mean to sound condesending but with these people like wtf they doing? Like c'mon, get nicked and boom... career over, life is stuck at the bottom

Positive vibes please... on the pitch, they follow sportsmanship (apart from Eden Hazard), let's do that off the pitch
    I'd say that they shouldn't drink so much and act like parochial arseholes.

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post

How much was a ticket and travel today? And add on top enough alcohol to make you bladdered. What is the point if you're too drunk to enjoy/remember the game?

I hope it's an older fan problem tbh that will stop naturally rather than a culture that carries on.

I posted after the Arsenal game that I thought Reid looked too lightweight for this league. In the Prem even the smaller players are strong..

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    How much was a ticket and travel today? And add on top enough alcohol to make you bladdered. What is the point if you're too drunk to enjoy/remember the game?

I hope it's an older fan problem tbh that will stop naturally rather than a culture that carries on.
    Ticket was £30... travel should be around a few quid for me as I live in London

And exactly, I don't get the point of being blackout coz you are not gonna remember anything, do some stupid stuff and get a hangover

Depressing to see.
    Enough stewards around today to cover three matches. Talking to one of them he reckoned they were understaffed! Got away quick so didn't see any trouble.

Took son #4 to Uni today, so missed game but listened on radio. Until 3rd went in reporter was was saying that Chelsea lead was hanging by a thread. Sounded like we were outclassed by world class players.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post

I think it is an 'older fan' problem, stuck in the culture of having to be pissed whatever the occasion. Stats are showing that under 30's are drinking less. The problem is with those who are 40+ brought up on a culture of acceptable drunkenness.

I think it is an 'older fan' problem, stuck in the culture of having to be pissed whatever the occasion. Stats are showing that under 30's are drinking less. The problem is with those who are 40+ brought up on a culture of acceptable drunkenness.
    So to summarise, just need to wheedle out the over 40s from shitty little villages and problem sorted!

Too fecking right, yer bastard. Hic.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Took son #4 to Uni today, so missed game but listened on radio. Until 3rd went in reporter was was saying that Chelsea lead was hanging by a thread. Sounded like we were outclassed by world class players.
    I wasn't at the match either so relied on Sky's 'experts', blogs and club audio - but it sounded to me too that we competed and were in it until the last 10-12 minutes after the pelanty. Most of the newspaper match reports I have seen have been fairly positive about us too. The Guardian aren't usually very friendly (they go for the lazy cliches about Warnock's style) but this time it is more encouraging, and a lot of the comments from Chelsea fans are also complimentary:

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-league-report

Opposite view to you, I didn't see anything positive. Individuals producing the odd glimpse isn't enough in my opinion, we have to be competitive, even if it's only for a couple of minutes at a time, we weren't, and were never in the game even if the score line seemed like we were.
    Did you actually go to the game though ?. If not I would prefer to take the viewpoint of someone who did. Also most people, including TV pundits, reviewing the game have actually been quite complimentary about the way City played, especially in the first half, so your view appears rather at odds with all this for some reason. On a number of occasions Tony Cottee stated that we 'were well in the game' at 2-1 down.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I wasn't at the match either so relied on Sky's 'experts', blogs and club audio - but it sounded to me too that we competed and were in it until the last 10-12 minutes after the pelanty. Most of the newspaper match reports I have seen have been fairly positive about us too. The Guardian aren't usually very friendly (they go for the lazy cliches about Warnock's style) but this time it is more encouraging, and a lot of the comments from Chelsea fans are also complimentary:

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-league-report
    Absolutely.
    Chelsea were clearly the better side and some of their football was scintillating, however we created a number of chances and were unlucky with a couple of decisions leading up to the 2nd goal.

Bamba’s silly challenge killed us of with nlt a few minutes left.

Even then we were still unlucky not to pull another back.

2 or more probably 3 one.. as per the expected goals would have been a fairer reflection

As for the ‘fighting’.
    It was too my right and I spoke to someone who was next to it.
    Apparently some guys banged into others celebrating the goal and there was some pushing and shoving.

Might be mistaken as my focus was on the game but didn’t look like any actual fighting to me and the stewards mainly left them to sort it out themselves

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Did you actually go to the game though ?. If not I would prefer to take the viewpoint of someone who did. Also most people, including TV pundits, reviewing the game have actually been quite complimentary about the way City played, especially in the first half, so your view appears rather at odds with all this for some reason. On a number of occasions Tony Cottee stated that we 'were well in the game' at 2-1 down.
    I watched the game, but wasn't at Stamford Bridge. We were never in the game, maybe the score line suggested so, but in football terms we were slaughtered. Like I've said about 30 times, I have no issue with being done by a fantastic team with world class players, as long as we try-and we did. What I also said which people either ignore or don't seem to understand is that when you get done, you look for positives, like a passage of play, some inventiveness, a sustained portion of play that makes you think that against lesser teams we have a chance. That maybe a 1 minute passage of play, it has to be a team thing. I didn't see any of that. I may be wrong, being a bit harsh, have higher expectations than other people, who knows, it's just an opinion. What I do know is that apart from the odd fan on here, nobody really wants to debate, take on other peoples views or offer anything remotely interesting about the game that they've seen. I'm open minded, willing to listen to others who have an informed opinion, even willing to change my view on things if others put across a balanced opinion. Most on here don't seem to want to do that, putting across a biased opinion or inflating what they want to see. Makes it a bit shit, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Absolutely.
    Chelsea were clearly the better side and some of their football was scintillating, however we created a number of chances and were unlucky with a couple of decisions leading up to the 2nd goal.

Bamba’s silly challenge killed us of with nlt a few minutes left.

Even then we were still unlucky not to pull another back.

2 or more probably 3 one.. as per the expected goals would have been a fairer reflection
    Bang on.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    As for the ‘fighting’.
    It was too my right and I spoke to someone who was next to it.
    Apparently some guys banged into others celebrating the goal and there was some pushing and shoving.

Might be mistaken as my focus was on the game but didn’t look like any actual fighting to me and the stewards mainly left them to sort it out themselves
    It was full on fighting - I was on the end of the row exactly where it was, so it was RIGHT next to me.

Two of my sons even described a pretty horrible eye gouging (eye gouging! This is our OWN fans!) incident (by the aggressive bloke in a red jumper) which I actually missed. But it was full on fighting I'm afraid, and it wasn't only just after we scored.

By the way, how no one who was stupid enough to stand in the aisles was hurt when we scored, I will never know - it was frightening to see.

I watched the game, but wasn't at Stamford Bridge. We were never in the game, maybe the score line suggested so, but in football terms we were slaughtered. Like I've said about 30 times, I have no issue with being done by a fantastic team with world class players, as long as we try-and we did. What I also said which people either ignore or don't seem to understand is that when you get done, you look for positives, like a passage of play, some inventiveness, a sustained portion of play that makes you think that against lesser teams we have a chance. That maybe a 1 minute passage of play, it has to be a team thing. I didn't see any of that. I may be wrong, being a bit harsh, have higher expectations than other people, who knows, it's just an opinion. What I do know is that apart from the odd fan on here, nobody really wants to debate, take on other peoples views or offer anything remotely interesting about the game that they've seen. I'm open minded, willing to listen to others who have an informed opinion, even willing to change my view on things if others put across a balanced opinion. Most on here don't seem to want to do that, putting across a biased opinion or inflating what they want to see. Makes it a bit shit, doesn't it?
    I think that 'slaughtered' is a bit harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Thats summarises the game rather well.