+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Warnock - "slight problem" in Hoilett negotiations.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Warnock - "slight problem" in Hoilett negotiations.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Is going for promotion in the championship really a more shitty job than getting beat every week in the premier league?

What if stoke were offering him double his wages. I’d definitely do a more shitty job for longer hours for double my salary. It is a short career and there’s definitely a big difference between a million a year and 1.5 million a year.
    You don't seem to understand what I'm saying. I'd do a more shitty job with longer hours if I was getting double my original wage, but only if it was at a certain level (e.g. below 12 grand a year). On the other hand, if I was earning a million pound a year, I wouldn't automatically accept an offer of 2 million per annum because I'd already be earning more than enough for what I, and my family, needed.

I've also made the point that I'm not particularly talking about Hoilett, it's more all this "it's a short career" stuff I hear from people trying to justify what is just pure greed.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    You don't seem to understand what I'm saying. I'd do a more shitty job with longer hours if I was getting double my original wage, but only if it was at a certain level (e.g. below 12 grand a year). On the other hand, if I was earning a million pound a year, I wouldn't automatically accept an offer of 2 million per annum because I'd already be earning more than enough for what I, and my family, needed.

I've also made the point that I'm not particularly talking about Hoilett, it's more all this "it's a short career" stuff I hear from people trying to justify what is just pure greed.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

It's all relative. The majority of the people in the world will say that having three televisions in your house, two cars on your drive*, or a washing machine, is greedy. It's more than you need. I guarantee you own things that you don't need.

I've read that footballers below the superstar level pay 40% tax and NI, so a good chunk of their wage goes straight away and half a million/one million a year is not that much in today's world. More than I can dream of, but it's not enough to rely on for the five or so decades you have left. Remember Phil or Gary Neville buying that farmhouse and making it look gaudy and horrible? Despite all their money, they still bought it with a mortgage.

In short, what is a nice treat for you and your family as a reward for you working hard is pure greed to someone else. And footballers do work hard - they have to pretty much sacrifice everything from childhood to have a chance of making it. If you're not on the path by 10, then you've got very little chance. These are the (not guaranteed) rewards for those massive sacrifices.

*I'm sure there are plenty of people reading this without two cars on their drive (my family doesn't) but I'd bet the reason isn't "it would be pure greed if I did".

International

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    It's all relative. The majority of the people in the world will say that having three televisions in your house, two cars on your drive*, or a washing machine, is greedy. It's more than you need. I guarantee you own things that you don't need.

I've read that footballers below the superstar level pay 40% tax and NI, so a good chunk of their wage goes straight away and half a million/one million a year is not that much in today's world. More than I can dream of, but it's not enough to rely on for the five or so decades you have left. Remember Phil or Gary Neville buying that farmhouse and making it look gaudy and horrible? Despite all their money, they still bought it with a mortgage.

In short, what is a nice treat for you and your family as a reward for you working hard is pure greed to someone else. And footballers do work hard - they have to pretty much sacrifice everything from childhood to have a chance of making it. If you're not on the path by 10, then you've got very little chance. These are the (not guaranteed) rewards for those massive sacrifices.

*I'm sure there are plenty of people reading this without two cars on their drive (my family doesn't) but I'd bet the reason isn't "it would be pure greed if I did".
    How is having a washing machine on your drive greedy????

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    How is having a washing machine on your drive greedy????
    Come on now, you're not BLUETIT, you're better than this