+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cricket World cup

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cricket World cup

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    Stokes wouldn't have been on strike if it was 5.
    They'd have played tip and run with Stokes needing 2 to draw off the last. Who's to say what would have happened?

If you go through their innings, I'm sure you can find a no ball that NZ bowled that didn't get called, a wide that was harshly given or not given. These things happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    They'd have played tip and run with Stokes needing 2 to draw off the last. Who's to say what would have happened?

If you go through their innings, I'm sure you can find a no ball that NZ bowled that didn't get called, a wide that was harshly given or not given. These things happen.
    Or Boult could have clean bowled him leaving Stokes stranded at the wrong end for the final ball. We will never know but the Umpires messed up and the Kiwis to their eternal credit didn’t complain.It was a fantastic game with great sportsmanship from both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Or Boult could have clean bowled him leaving Stokes stranded at the wrong end for the final ball. We will never know but the Umpires messed up and the Kiwis to their eternal credit didn’t complain.It was a fantastic game with great sportsmanship from both sides.
    We won't. Who's to say what could have happened? Chris Gayle got caught the ball after a massive no ball vs Australia in the world cup. It should have been a free hit, and he could have got them to victory. Umpires rarely calling front foot no balls is a bigger issue in fairness. The Kiwis have taken it well, the Australian and Indian media, not so much. Wonder why that is?

I don't think they did mess up. The run didn't come from the throw, it came from the act of hitting Stokes. The rule states the run counts if the the batsmen had crossed at the time of the throw or act. That's my take on it anyway.