+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wifi boosters

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Wifi boosters

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    fitted a couple of these bad boys last week. cracking bit of kit.

https://www.broadbandbuyer.com/produ...i-uap-ac-lite/

disable wifi on your home router, connect this via ethernet and power and it booms out a much more powerful wifi.

it also comes pre set
    This looks like a possibility, but I prefer the one from Colonol Gadaffi.

What were the improvements to wi-fi speed using this? My concern is the device would still be at the opposite end of the house, through some thick walls, from the room where all our devices are.

I know I could move the router, but we are possibly moving soon and I don't fancy getting the phone line moved just for a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCPhil View Post
    This looks like a possibility, but I prefer the one from Colonol Gadaffi.

What were the improvements to wi-fi speed using this? My concern is the device would still be at the opposite end of the house, through some thick walls, from the room where all our devices are.

I know I could move the router, but we are possibly moving soon and I don't fancy getting the phone line moved just for a few months.
    Ultimately you are not going to boost speed. Your speed is what it is when it leaves the router, these devices aim to maximise coverage. But the ones I linked also delivered wifi as near as possible to the speed of the internet coming from the router.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Ultimately you are not going to boost speed. Your speed is what it is when it leaves the router, these devices aim to maximise coverage. But the ones I linked also delivered wifi as near as possible to the speed of the internet coming from the router.
    I have a degradation of signal because the router is upstairs on one side of the house, and the TV/PS4 are downstairs on the opposite side.

Plugged into my Router atm - 53 Mbps.
    On wifi and sat next to router - 20Mbps
    Downstairs - 15 Mbps

Netflix UHD requires 25 Mbps download speeds. I sometimes get it, I sometimes don't. Just wondering if these devices will get me the speeds I need.