+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: BBC Remain

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: BBC Remain

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    The damage was done over many years by EU, Labour and Conservative politicians. We need to reinvent ourselves, a fresh start with a new approach is what is required.
    Reinvent yourselves? As what? How are you going to be competitive?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Reinvent yourselves? As what? How are you going to be competitive?
    The level of defeatism on here is off the scale.

The level of defeatism on here is off the scale.
    It's called realism. If you're so positive, come up with a few answers.

It's called realism. If you're so positive, come up with a few answers.
    Get rid of food banks, start building houses, start making things, start growing things, expand on our areas of expertise, cut the cost of doing business, make new trade deals, overhaul the education system, etc. It's not up to one person to come up with all the ideas, it's a collective response that is required. People need to get up off their knees, and believe in themselves and the country. Britain has a long tradition of creativity and innovation, in fact we created much of the modern era.

Get rid of food banks, start building houses, start making things, start growing things, expand on our areas of expertise, cut the cost of doing business, make new trade deals, overhaul the education system, etc. It's not up to one person to come up with all the ideas, it's a collective response that is required. People need to get up off their knees, and believe in themselves and the country. Britain has a long tradition of creativity and innovation, in fact we created much of the modern era.
    For starters I'd go for: nationalise banks (else let them remain commercial but require them to have a 100% reserve ratio for extending credit), take a pin to the ridiculous property bubble to ensure homes and rents are much more affordable, introduce a land and Tobin tax to pay for a massive house building programme, end the treasonous Kalergi shite, make the position of head of state and 900+ members of the House of Lords subject to regular elections so they become more accountable and can be elbowed instead of having lifetime roles, ditto for top judges and police chiefs, either legalise all drugs which are currently illegal to regulate them or go the Saudi route by executing every dealer and user for the current middle way is not working and is the catalyst for most crime along with antisocial behaviour and is slowly ruining communities and society.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    For starters I'd go for: nationalise banks (else let them remain commercial but require them to have a 100% reserve ratio for extending credit), take a pin to the ridiculous property bubble to ensure homes and rents are much more affordable, introduce a land and Tobin tax to pay for a massive house building programme, end the treasonous Kalergi shite, make the position of head of state and 900+ members of the House of Lords subject to regular elections so they become more accountable and can be elbowed instead of having lifetime roles, ditto for top judges and police chiefs, either legalise all drugs which are currently illegal to regulate them or go the Saudi route by executing every dealer and user for the current middle way is not working and is the catalyst for most crime along with antisocial behaviour and is slowly ruining communities and society.

There are some brilliant posters here. My initial horror at Rudey's comment was definitely a false impression.
    The two posters above both have a truly remarkable talent for making powerful and knowledgeable points in a very few number of words.
    I'll be honest, although I'd have said all that, it'd have taken me a couple of pages !
    I don't want to sound patronising ,but the fact that someone actually knows who Kalergi was is bloody encouraging !

I note that there are those who answer posts with a quick expletive and maybe some kind of avatar, but you can't have everything I suppose !

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    There are some brilliant posters here. My initial horror at Rudey's comment was definitely a false impression.
    The two posters above both have a truly remarkable talent for making powerful and knowledgeable points in a very few number of words.
    I'll be honest, although I'd have said all that, it'd have taken me a couple of pages !
    I don't want to sound patronising ,but the fact that someone actually knows who Kalergi was is bloody encouraging !

I note that there are those who answer posts with a quick expletive and maybe some kind of avatar, but you can't have everything I suppose !
    100% double account

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    For a while there Organ you were talking real sense.... then you lost it!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    For a while there Organ you were talking real sense.... then you lost it!
    At what point do you think he lost it? "banks"? Surely no further than "100% reserve ratio"?

Make new trade deals and cut the cost of doing business? Why didn't you say so earlier? Why not just pay everyone more money and make everything cheaper?

Make new trade deals and cut the cost of doing business? Why didn't you say so earlier? Why not just pay everyone more money and make everything cheaper?
    Expanding our areas of expertise, overhauling the education system, building houses! True genius! Why has nobody thought of this before?

That's not what he said though, is it ?