+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: This is really stupid

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: This is really stupid

Coincidence to see this thread. I saw an article recently that found a large number of transgender children end up switching back to their sex at birth at around 16-17 to simply identify as queer

I went on to speak to a good friend of mine who is gay and he has previously talked about his struggles in school and said he could easily have misconstrued his emotions during puberty as being transgender had he been aware of it.

We both agreed that children should not be given hormones which can lead to sterilization and irreversible changes.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    Coincidence to see this thread. I saw an article recently that found a large number of transgender children end up switching back to their sex at birth at around 16-17 to simply identify as queer

I went on to speak to a good friend of mine who is gay and he has previously talked about his struggles in school and said he could easily have misconstrued his emotions during puberty as being transgender had he been aware of it.

We both agreed that children should not be given hormones which can lead to sterilization and irreversible changes.
    For a movement that is supposedly so progressive, it's seems remarkably backward, especially with its upholding of gender stereotypes and the conclusion that a child/teenager must be transgender rather than gay or lesbian.

With regard to Cleve's point about the PC world going mad, I don't think it has (yet) because this still seems to be a niche issue and there are left wing feminists (usually thrown in under the "PC" umbrella) who are openly dismayed and concerned about transgender ideology and its impact on women.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Thanks for the info - interesting. Are we seriously expected to believe there are up to half a million people in the UK who are transgender?

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Thanks for the info - interesting. Are we seriously expected to believe there are up to half a million people in the UK who are transgender?
    Was there the same percentage in the 70's?