+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wikileaks, Trump, CNN, Russians, Obama

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Wikileaks, Trump, CNN, Russians, Obama

I think it unlikely that the Russian expulsions would have been instigated without good reason. Such things are usually reciprocated and the fallout could have escalated had it been a spurious action - and the fact that the Russians are happy to wait until Trump is in the driving seat says something.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I think it unlikely that the Russian expulsions would have been instigated without good reason. Such things are usually reciprocated and the fallout could have escalated had it been a spurious action - and the fact that the Russians are happy to wait until Trump is in the driving seat says something.
    Either that, or Obama is throwing his toys out of the pram.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Either that, or Obama is throwing his toys out of the pram.
    Majority of Republicans supported it and felt he should have thrown his toys out of the pram earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Majority of Republicans supported it and felt he should have thrown his toys out of the pram earlier.
    Not surprising since Trump has enemies on both sides of the house. It's a bit like the New Labour crowd who are more aligned with the Tories than old Labour, since they answer to different interests. I'd reserve judgment until after Trump takes over, as Obama currently has a very firm grip over all of the various agencies and they share a unified agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Not surprising since Trump has enemies on both sides of the house. It's a bit like the New Labour crowd who are more aligned with the Tories than old Labour, since they answer to different interests. I'd reserve judgment until after Trump takes over, as Obama currently has a very firm grip over all of the various agencies and they share a unified agenda.
    I'd say it's more to do with their long-standing mistrust of Russia rather than trying to stick the boot into Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I'd say it's more to do with their long-standing mistrust of Russia rather than trying to stick the boot into Trump.
    Well Russia didn't play ball over Syria, and there is lot's of pipeline business getting held up.