+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Roger Osborne?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Roger Osborne?

The FA Cup was truly magical, I’m reminded of a sad anecdote, after he was finished up by the City and before he took over at Newport I spoke to him on a bus stop on Greenway Rd, Rumney. Weirdly he was door to door selling jewellery so he told me, looking back he may have been under a driving ban, hence being in the bus shelter, I was so surprised that such a famous man was actually waiting for a bus. Anyway he shook my hand after we spoke and for ages after I regarded it as a massive thing that I had touched the hand of a man who’d held the FA Cup, the FA Cup meant that much to me.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    The FA Cup was truly magical, I’m reminded of a sad anecdote, after he was finished up by the City and before he took over at Newport I spoke to him on a bus stop on Greenway Rd, Rumney. Weirdly he was door to door selling jewellery so he told me, looking back he may have been under a driving ban, hence being in the bus shelter, I was so surprised that such a famous man was actually waiting for a bus. Anyway he shook my hand after we spoke and for ages after I regarded it as a massive thing that I had touched the hand of a man who’d held the FA Cup, the FA Cup meant that much to me.
    Jesus, I’m still so overcome, I forgot to mention that it was Jimmy Scoular

Jesus, I’m still so overcome, I forgot to mention that it was Jimmy Scoular
    When I first read it, without the name, I thought it was about Brian Harris

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    When I first read it, without the name, I thought it was about Brian Harris
    Now you mention it Tony, this might be one of my imagining things from the mists of time, I’ve got a really vague recollection of Scoular mentioning that him and Harris were working together. This could be total bollocks but there’s a nagging something in the back of my mind.

Now you mention it Tony, this might be one of my imagining things from the mists of time, I’ve got a really vague recollection of Scoular mentioning that him and Harris were working together. This could be total bollocks but there’s a nagging something in the back of my mind.

Well you have been locked up for 8 weeks

Used to have a drink with Brian, upstairs in the doubles bar, at the Globe in town, most Saturday nights.
    Great fella