+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: If we end up going down

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: If we end up going down

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    The players gave their best. The club certainly did not.
    Lots and lots on here saying went we up happy to spend **** all and enjoy the ride even if we went down - seems a lot of those were full of shit! I've enjoyed it thus far and if we do go down we've been sensible and should be able to have a good crack at getting back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    Lots and lots on here saying went we up happy to spend **** all and enjoy the ride even if we went down - seems a lot of those were full of shit! I've enjoyed it thus far and if we do go down we've been sensible and should be able to have a good crack at getting back up.

How do figure we have a good crack at going back up? 3 loan players weill be gone and about half a dozen will be out of contract. And Sol Bamba will be 35. I have no idea what to expect season. I don't even know who the manager will be.

How do figure we have a good crack at going back up? 3 loan players weill be gone and about half a dozen will be out of contract. And Sol Bamba will be 35. I have no idea what to expect season. I don't even know who the manager will be.
    Exactly.

There's just too much uncertainty for me to have any real confidence at this moment in time. All we'll have to show for our time in the top-flight will be Reid and Murphy, and they don't always feature for us.

Same good keeper
    Solid same defence
    Midfield needs attention
    Bobby Reid and Murphy added to what we had, another striker and we’ll be fine.

Champions by Easter

+ 1. I've enjoyed the ride and I'm so glad that we didn't splash the cash.

Players we have under contract for next season:

Etheridge
    Smithies

Bamba
    Bennett
    Connolly
    Cunningham
    Morrison
    Peltier

Bacuna
    Hoilett
    Mendez-Laing
    Murphy
    Paterson
    Ralls
    Tomlin

Bogle
    Healey
    Madine
    Reid
    Ward
    Zohore

The squad is going to need significant strengthening regardless of whether we get relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Players we have under contract for next season:

Etheridge
    Smithies

Bamba
    Bennett
    Connolly
    Cunningham
    Morrison
    Peltier

Bacuna
    Hoilett
    Mendez-Laing
    Murphy
    Paterson
    Ralls
    Tomlin

Bogle
    Healey
    Madine
    Reid
    Ward
    Zohore

The squad is going to need significant strengthening regardless of whether we get relegated.
    Depth.jpg

We definitely have work to do across all the areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Depth.jpg

We definitely have work to do across all the areas.
    Do we have any youth prospects that are likely to get any game time next season?

Do we have any youth prospects that are likely to get any game time next season?
    I think we may see one or two given a chance if we are relegated with a few matches left - there's probably more chance of that happening than them getting a game next season which has something riding on it.

This is a clear worry for the club. I cannot think of anyone breaking through since Aaron Ramsey (maybe I am wrong).
    For a capital city and a reasonably good population that is pathetic.
    Swansea seem to be showing a much better youth policy.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    This is a clear worry for the club. I cannot think of anyone breaking through since Aaron Ramsey (maybe I am wrong).
    Swansea seem to have a better youth policy now they have been relegated and the owners are selling everything that moved. Hardly any of their young players got any game time when they were in the top division, in fact they were all loaned out.

Its simply a case of needs must at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I don't think we've had anyone come through since Matthews, unless you count Ralls

They were referring to the approach taken by the club , not the playing squad. The club has spent feck all and we are looking like we’re going down now, probably because they didn’t push the boat out a little further. Those people were essentially proven correct.

I wouldn’t count your chickens re. getting promotion next year either. I expect Stoke and the Jacks were saying the same this time last year.

It’s been an enjoyable season at times though, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    They were referring to the approach taken by the club , not the playing squad. The club has spent feck all and we are looking like we’re going down now, probably because they didn’t push the boat out a little further. Those people were essentially proven correct.

I wouldn’t count your chickens re. getting promotion next year either. I expect Stoke and the Jacks were saying the same this time last year.

It’s been an enjoyable season at times though, yes.
    If we count the Emiliano Sala deal, City have spent something like £50 million in transfer fees since January 2018 - hardly "feck all".

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    If we count the Emiliano Sala deal, City have spent something like £50 million in transfer fees since January 2018 - hardly "feck all".
    If we had spent £50 million in the Summer of 2018. I don't think we'd be having this conversation.

If we had spent £50 million in the Summer of 2018. I don't think we'd be having this conversation.
    There are plenty of examples of teams that have done that and not stayed up

Good news is no Ipswich away on a Tuesday night....if we go down. Luton or Barnsley instead?

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Good news is no Ipswich away on a Tuesday night....if we go down. Luton or Barnsley instead?
    I'd love to stay up, but Luton, Swansea, Brizzle, potentially Leeds or Portsmouth, Millwall some good old fashioned needle games there plus 46 games means no seemingly endless breaks.. It's win/win wherever we are next season IMO.