+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: No Deal Brexit.

No Deal Brexit.

Yesterday’s announcements appear to suggest that there is a likelihood of this. I don’t pretend to be an economist but I can’t help think of the chaos this is going to cause at ports and the Irish border.

I really don’t think a lot of people thought this through when voting leave the potential bunch of arse this is going to be.

Re: No Deal Brexit.

That's because they were repeatedly told it'll all be cool, money will go to the NHS, they need us more than we need them, everything will be good to go the day after, we can get all the deals tied up in two years, etc etc

And some people believed it.

We're all doomed

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Yesterday’s announcements appear to suggest that there is a likelihood of this. I don’t pretend to be an economist but I can’t help think of the chaos this is going to cause at ports and the Irish border.

I really don’t think a lot of people thought this through when voting leave the potential bunch of arse this is going to be.
    WW1 & WW2 was a bunch of arse, but we got through it to live a much better life. Never underestimate the human spirit

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    And some people believed it.
    Trump Russia Collusion? I never believed it even though you tried your hardest to make me (and everybody else) believe it

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    WW1 & WW2 was a bunch of arse, but we got through it to live a much better life. Never underestimate the human spirit
    So you think we all may be worse off for a while?

Didn't see that on the side of a bus

Quote Originally Posted by Veg1960 View Post
    So you think we all may be worse off for a while?

Didn't see that on the side of a bus
    Cardiff Irish did say a "potential" bunch of arse, so who knows. What if the EU collapses with us inside of it, that could potentially be an even worse scenario.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rogersblue View Post
    We're all doomed
    Yay

My major German customer has requested that we pay a £4million "no deal" bond, basically it's the equivalent of pulling forward April & May 2019 orders by 2 months and then no orders for 2 months. They've done this with all their UK suppliers. We have to do it as the consequential loss penalties are far greater. It's fecking disastrous due to the premier costs in the pull forward of the global supply chain & what we do with 100+ staff who'll have no work for 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    My major German customer has requested that we pay a £4million "no deal" bond, basically it's the equivalent of pulling forward April & May 2019 orders by 2 months and then no orders for 2 months. They've done this with all their UK suppliers. We have to do it as the consequential loss penalties are far greater. It's fecking disastrous due to the premier costs in the pull forward of the global supply chain & what we do with 100+ staff who'll have no work for 2 months.
    Sorry to hear that mate, sounds like a lot of stress.

Exactly why I ****ing hate the bullshit espoused by Brexiteers who were telling all how easy and painless this process would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    This is the reality of the shambolic Brexit dealings by this useless Govt. it will only get worse.

Sorry to hear that mate, sounds like a lot of stress.

Exactly why I ****ing hate the bullshit espoused by Brexiteers who were telling all how easy and painless this process would be.
    That's terrible, Des.

Cardiffirish, I'd disagree with you there. Brexit will be easy and painless but only for a few. You can guess who (Farage, ReesMogg, to name but two).

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    This is the reality of the shambolic Brexit dealings by this useless Govt. it will only get worse.
    And the people who voted set this up , the opposition party ,and the Europeans

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    ‘the people who voted set this up’
    My conscience is clear mate I votes remain as I thought the Brexit process would be a monumental pain in the arse with no tangible benefits.

I still haven’t seen anything else otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    All I know is that whatever reputation David Cameron once had was ruined as soon as the final referendum result was announced.

‘the people who voted set this up’
    My conscience is clear mate I votes remain as I thought the Brexit process would be a monumental pain in the arse with no tangible benefits.

I still haven’t seen anything else otherwise.
    There is one, and it's a big one. Having our laws passed by an accountable British parliament who we can vote out, as opposed to a small group of unaccountable and unelected bureaucrats in Brussels. We will be thanked by future generations for this simple act of foresight.

There is one, and it's a big one. Having our laws passed by an accountable British parliament who we can vote out, as opposed to a small group of unaccountable and unelected bureaucrats in Brussels. We will be thanked by future generations for this simple act of foresight.
    In your opinion. I think it’s fair to say it’s a over exaggeration as you well know about the commission when we’re overwhelmingly responsible for our laws.

And as you know in the younger generation want to stay in the EU so unless you’ve got a crystal ball your future generations comment hasn’t got any merit.

Totally agree. Boris and Farage would have had it sorted by now if they could have been put in charge 😎

Forgive my ignorance on this , if we leave whose role is it too apply and control the border, surely it's the EU and Eire ??

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    All I know is that whatever reputation David Cameron once had was ruined as soon as the final referendum result was announced.
    Indeed , however the people had the final say, whatever stupid decesion he made , a lot wanted to leave , UKIP was growing taking Labour and Tory votes the move to go was under way already .

Argh imagine he'd be kicking the hell out of May and the Tories , he' d be 20% ahead in the polls .

I loved thowe election nights when he trounced the Tories (big majority's as well ) argh, glory days.

What are all these laws that have been forced on Britain against British will and what percentage of all British law does this account for?

And there we have it. Financial experts opinions - bollocks. Independent fiscal organisations opinions - bollocks. British spirit - winner.

Out of interest, would you be happy to vote Brexit if it meant a family member (or more) losing their jobs, and if so, would you be happy to tell them to their face that their loss of livelihood is "worth it"?

This is entirely the problem with Brexit.

If it's a hard Brexit will Eire give back the 20 billion the UK (taxpayer ) gave them to bale them out during the financial crash, perhaps they could put it towards a hard/soft border solution .

Do there politicians leaders even remember the generosity shown to them ?