+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What has Theresa said today?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: What has Theresa said today?

Terresa has said very little today as her throat is still sore, however what she has said over the last week is louder than most .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Terresa has said very little today as her throat is still sore, however what she has said over the last week is louder than most .
    Don't get it. What do you mean pal ? Do you mean her 'balls in the EU courts' address when it clearly isn't. Good stuff Mars mate. Hope u good.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41576100

I see Labour as a viable alternative to the Tories these days by the way and find attempts by May and others in her Government to portray themselves as the "safe pair of hands" Labour aren't as utterly laughable given the six months her party has had.

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    Bob - Hasn't what Corbyn is offering been done before ? , did it work then ?, in fact is what Corbyn is offering been done anywhere in the world and did it work ?
    A bit to broad a question, which bits?

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    To me -

He isnt addressing the deficit. Massive increase in public spending - which he says is costed by corporation tax increases. All fine and dandy - BUT he is making the classic mistake of spending it before he has got it. He presumes that large Corps will just roll over and cough up - they wont. There were countless other massive spending pledges - each time he used corporation tax as the source of the money.

Can we all agree that tax and spend doesnt work.

His ideas are fine in principal - bring in less competition, nationalise everything...... - I just dont think in the current climate - business will go for that. We need to be encouraging business here - not putting them off. If any chancellor wants to tinker a few percentage points with corp tax / vat - fine. That gives them some money to spend - not spend it 10 times over before it comes in.

Far better to encourage growth / exports than penalise them, which I fear an openly Marxist chancellor would do to further his public sector spending

Having said all that - maybe the country is in need of a change - let them feck it up again and teach us all a lesson - again. Then the conservatives get in - and go too far the other way !!!

UK politics has always been about the centre ground - move away from that - and your days are numbered.

Railways in Wales will be a good test, I dont mind Rail ownership being taken back by the WAG - BUT I dont think the WAG could run a bath let alone a rail company, we'll see what happens there then.

Thats me done for the day on here - too much politics for one morning
    The Chancellor has just warned that Brexit and the uncertainty around it is putting off investment. The referendum called by the business party. Sorry meant the Conservatives. Mambo mate you have lived through many governments and bear the scars, it's plain too see. I would just wonder that the scars on the next generation will hurt a lot more( sorry that's a horrible analogy) . The old saying 'They have never had its so good' only relates to a fraction now mate. Young people are fecked now In my opinion. How could it be worse?

Labour are a genuine and credible alternative for me. Old voters who are against them and have most assets are dying off. They can leave a legacy from days of old to their family and that's fair enough if they haven't used all the equity to live off in current times. Old arguments don't cut it no more made by the old guard who say the same old sh*t. Not you I mean.

Why not nationalise some things with all the know how gleaned from free market intervention? Keep and re invest the profits not pay suits and Pension pots which don't really exist no more.

Energy, Transport,Local Housing,Health They should work for all.
    Other markets they can exploit anyway. Marxism? Did you mention Venezuela by name?

I know you say things for us to think upon. Thanks

Plus I still thinking about productivity stats. Don't let me keep you me old mate. Good luck.