+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Arm our officers

Re: Arm our officers

Latest reports now saying,the officer involved was unarmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Richyrich View Post
    Your argument doesn't stand up Matt. The officers you know are the cream of the cream and specially trained, you're arguing about arming EVERY police officer, that is a massive difference. Can you see that?
    I am sure you know that these Officers were just your " Lowly paid civil servant meathead bobby's with superiority-complex who chose a career in policing in order to assert their authority over others " ( as CC likes to call them ) before they were trained in AR ( and then trusted to guard Ted Heath and Camilla & Charles, while Charles was in her home )

I fully understand that training them all to carry arms would take time, but lets start, lets get more trained, the armed officers will be wearing body cams, so they will know they are being filmed and will not have free reign to " pop a cap "

I am sure 1/2 on here think our police are a bunch of idiots and cannot be trusted, they are the front line in our protection against these nutters ( be it religious or not ) lets give them a little help to do the job they do, tonight a police officer will not be returning home, that officer was NOT armed, he was faced with a guy wielding TWO knifes and trying to stab him, as we know, he did and the Officer died would that officer being armed have saved his life, we can only guess it would have

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    answering my own question but, yes he was armed

Four people have been killed in a "sick and depraved" terror attack that brought carnage to the heart of London, including the armed police*officer who was stabbed and his*assailant.
    From the BBC, The attacker, armed with a knife, ran to Parliament where he was confronted by the police. One officer - who police said was not armed - was stabbed and killed.

Tell you what blue matt, as a little experiment, why don't you ask your cop buddies if they trust every single police officer they've ever met with a firearm?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    From the BBC, The attacker, armed with a knife, ran to Parliament where he was confronted by the police. One officer - who police said was not armed - was stabbed and killed.
    I was going from what a senior officer said earlier and the quote was from the telegraph, but its just been said on news at 10 that he wasn't armed, so a few contradictory reports which isn't unusual I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Tell you what blue matt, as a little experiment, why don't you ask your cop buddies if they trust every single police officer they've ever met with a firearm?
    would it matter though ? ? ? ?

as would you believe the answer ? ? ?

I can ask one of them tomorrow, as we are of to starbucks for a coffee

as a side note, the number of AR officers i know is upto 6, a " I am safe " notification popped up on my FB page from someone we do dog agility camps with, i forgot her and her husband are both Police in the Met, he is a trained AR officer, we have camped with them for 3 weeks and a few weekends ( over the last 3 years ), he seems a decent enough bloke and i would hazard a guess that he could be trusted with a gun, but i couldnt give him my " Blue matt's Golden Guarantee™ " as i dont know him that well, not like the other 5 ( one is my brother in law )

I was going from what a senior officer said earlier and the quote was from the telegraph, but its just been said on news at 10 that he wasn't armed, so a few contradictory reports which isn't unusual I suppose.
    aye, the BBC could be wrong, but they 10 mins ago have just done a " what we know so far " type of thing

Banned

Maybe next time you will wait until all the facts are out then.

aye, the BBC could be wrong, but they 10 mins ago have just done a " what we know so far " type of thing
    Well the same senior officer who said earlier he was armed has just confirmed on news at ten that he wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    Maybe next time you will wait until all the facts are out then.
    I was responding to what was reported earlier and in the press, as I've just responded to Matt, the same officer from earlier has confirmed he wasn't armed.
    Maybe he should have waited until he had more facts earlier as well.

would it matter though ? ? ? ?

as would you believe the answer ? ? ?

I can ask one of them tomorrow, as we are of to starbucks for a coffee

as a side note, the number of AR officers i know is upto 6, a " I am safe " notification popped up on my FB page from someone we do dog agility camps with, i forgot her and her husband are both Police in the Met, he is a trained AR officer, we have camped with them for 3 weeks and a few weekends ( over the last 3 years ), he seems a decent enough bloke and i would hazard a guess that he could be trusted with a gun, but i couldnt give him my " Blue matt's Golden Guarantee™ " as i dont know him that well, not like the other 5 ( one is my brother in law )
    If you trust their judgement, which you seem to do since you've done everything in this thread short of canonising them, then I see no reason why you couldn't ask them if they trust every single officer they've met with a firearm. If they're as honest as you seem to think they are, then they'll probably be giving you an answer you won't be happy with.

You can stop vouching for individual police officers you're vaguely acquainted with by the way, I wasn't serious when I told you I needed your pass on all 125,000, and since you're clearly up for giving them all guns anyway I can say without any doubt that your judgement on these matters is compromised.

I naturally trust my own judgement better than yours and having encountered a number of police officers in my years I can say I wouldn't trust 50% of them with spud guns.

I've just read a report from an eye witness who claimed the attacker ran past him and went straight at the officer with his knife. Even if he had been armed it's not clear whether he would've had the chance to draw his weapon in time anyway.
    Had he had time to anticipate the attack I'd imagine that officers are well trained and experienced in defending themselves against a knife attacker anyway, so I'm not convinced having a gun would've saved him.
    That said, given the world we live in, it is perhaps inevitable that at some point the police will be armed.

If you trust their judgement, which you seem to do since you've done everything in this thread short of canonising them, then I see no reason why you couldn't ask them if they trust every single officer they've met with a firearm. If they're as honest as you seem to think they are, then they'll probably be giving you an answer you won't be happy with.

You can stop vouching for individual police officers you're vaguely acquainted with by the way, I wasn't serious when I told you I needed your pass on all 125,000, and since you're clearly up for giving them all guns anyway I can say without any doubt that your judgement on these matters is compromised.

I naturally trust my own judgement better than yours and having encountered a number of police officers in my years I can say I wouldn't trust 50% of them with spud guns.
    you only had to say " it wouldnt matter as i wouldnt believe you anyway "

so my " Blue matt's Golden Guarantee™ " is worthless then, and after you came up with such a humorous name for it, what a waste

you only had to say " it wouldnt matter as i wouldnt believe you anyway "

so my " Blue matt's Golden Guarantee™ " is worthless then, and after you came up with such a humorous name for it, what a waste
    You already seem to be of the opinion that all 5 of them will tell you that every police officer they've ever met could be trusted with a firearm.

You also are clearly of the opinion that every member of the police force is completely trustworthy, which is incredibly naive. Every profession on earth has its bad elements, luckily we don't give them all guns to prove it.

You already seem to be of the opinion that all 5 of them will tell you that every police officer they've ever met could be trusted with a firearm.

You also are clearly of the opinion that every member of the police force is completely trustworthy, which is incredibly naive. Every profession on earth has its bad elements, luckily we don't give them all guns to prove it.
    Not at all

I only said that the 5 i know i am 100 % would do the right thing with a firearm, I have never discussed other AR officers with them, never had the need to, we have in the past discussed work issues

Not sure where you think i have said i think " that every member of the police force is completely trustworthy" ( if you can point that out, then great ), i have had a number of bad incidents with the Police

Banned

[QUOTE

I naturally trust my own judgement better than yours and having encountered a number of police officers in my years I can say I wouldn't trust 50% of them with spud guns.[/QUOTE]

How can you judge "50%" of 125000 police officers unless you know them all?

Not at all

I only said that the 5 i know i am 100 % would do the right thing with a firearm, I have never discussed other AR officers with them, never had the need to, we have in the past discussed work issues

Not sure where you think i have said i think " that every member of the police force is completely trustworthy" ( if you can point that out, then great ), i have had a number of bad incidents with the Police
    I fully understand that training them all to carry arms would take time, but lets start, lets get more trained

they are the front line in our protection against these nutters ( be it religious or not ) lets give them a little help to do the job they do

would that officer being armed have saved his life, we can only guess it would have
    So you don't think every police officer is trustworthy and you've had a number of bad incidents with them and yet you want to give them guns.

Does training a bad person to use a gun make them more, or less bad in your opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post

How can you judge "50%" of 125000 police officers unless you know them all?

I can't. Which is why I said wouldn't trust 50% of the ones I encountered in the very post you quoted, you daft tart.

Besides, just giving ONE bad person a gun would make the whole thing a bad idea.

So you don't think every police officer is trustworthy and you've had a number of bad incidents with them and yet you want to give them guns.

Does training a bad person to use a gun make them more, or less bad in your opinion?
    a bad person ? ? ? have i said they are bad people ? ? ?

I said i have had " bad incidents with the Police ", i have followed cardiff home and away since the late 80's, many of the incidents have been at the football

BUT would i have thought that the police would have shot people who were " acting up at the football " no of course not ( someone even used the Chelsea game in a previous post ), if i was wielding a knife of meat clever and threatening others / the police, i would expect then to shoot

I guess your " Does training a bad person to use a gun make them more, or less bad in your opinion? " is just one of your usual lines in that you hope to bring people in to post a " "

but i will reply anyways

a trained officer would be trained in how and when to use a firearm, they will be told the exact circumstances to fire ( just as they are trained and told when to tazer and pepper spray ) in all your encounters with these " BAD Lowly paid civil servant meathead bobby's with superiority-complex who chose a career in policing in order to assert their authority over others " how many times were you tazered, sprayed or even batoned " ?? ? ? as they have had these options for a good number of years

Jean de Menzies has been forgotten already then.

a trained officer would be trained in how and when to use a firearm, they will be told the exact circumstances to fire
    Like in the back of a Brazilian plumber on the underground.

Banned

I can't. Which is why I said wouldn't trust 50% of the ones I encountered in the very post you quoted, you daft tart.

Besides, just giving ONE bad person a gun would make the whole thing a bad idea.
    You should have said you don't trust 50% of the ones you encountered. You came across as some sort of paranoid tart.

a bad person ? ? ? have i said they are bad people ? ? ?

I said i have had " bad incidents with the Police ", i have followed cardiff home and away since the late 80's, many of the incidents have been at the football

BUT would i have thought that the police would have shot people who were " acting up at the football " no of course not ( someone even used the Chelsea game in a previous post ), if i was wielding a knife of meat clever and threatening others / the police, i would expect then to shoot

I guess your " Does training a bad person to use a gun make them more, or less bad in your opinion? " is just one of your usual lines in that you hope to bring people in to post a " "

but i will reply anyways

a trained officer would be trained in how and when to use a firearm, they will be told the exact circumstances to fire ( just as they are trained and told when to tazer and pepper spray ) in all your encounters with these " BAD Lowly paid civil servant meathead bobby's with superiority-complex who chose a career in policing in order to assert their authority over others " how many times were you tazered, sprayed or even batoned " ?? ? ? as they have had these options for a good number of years
    I've never been "tazered, sprayed or batoned" but plenty have, unjustly, by bad police officers, which is the exact reason giving them a deadlier weapon is a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Jean de Menzies has been forgotten already then.
    No shit.