+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Patterson 50th Goal

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Patterson 50th Goal

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Saw a tweet from Greg Halford yesterday (great he still follows us ) congratulating Patterson on his 50th career goal, not bad for a player ,some say is a defender ,or midfielder or a striker , or a goalie or even a winger.��

I wonder if he will become the best , utility player we've ever had on our books???

Still only 24 , although he looks 54 . ��
    I'm a bit fed up of people saying he's a right back playing centre forward. I've been looking at some Hearts forums and some of their fans suggested ages ago that he could make a target man/striker with his aerial prowess and timing inside the box.

I can think of two former City players immediately that radically changed position. James Collins was a striker with us early on but became a top central defender. Josh Magennis, even more bizarrely, was a goalkeeper, who then ended up playing up top! I think Thierry Henry was signed as a winger, yet became Arsenal's greatest ever striker.

Please can we put to bed the idea that Paterson is a right back, because he's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I'm a bit fed up of people saying he's a right back playing centre forward. I've been looking at some Hearts forums and some of their fans suggested ages ago that he could make a target man/striker with his aerial prowess and timing inside the box.

I can think of two former City players immediately that radically changed position. James Collins was a striker with us early on but became a top central defender. Josh Magennis, even more bizarrely, was a goalkeeper, who then ended up playing up top! I think Thierry Henry was signed as a winger, yet became Arsenal's greatest ever striker.

Please can we put to bed the idea that Paterson is a right back, because he's not.
    Was agreeing with everything you said then you go and throw Terry Henry in there

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

Look at my last but one line ( I wonder if he will become the best , utility player we've ever had on our books???)

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Look at my last but one line ( I wonder if he will become the best , utility player we've ever had on our books???)
    Agreed. My post wasn't intended as a rant against you btw. It was a generic moan!!