+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: In Warnock we trust.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: In Warnock we trust.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Bobby had 5 goals and 2 assists in the Premier League in16 starts. He was bought for a return to the championship where he got 19 goals and 7 assists the last time he played in this division.

1 assist this season in 1 game but no he doesnt deliver goals.

Let’s get rid of him and bring in a player who can’t even get in the Birmingham team because he played well against us once.

What a fantastic idea.
    I don't believe he was signed for a return to the championship, its pretty much an impossible task.

I believe he was signed on a budget to do a job in the Premiership, then Camarasa became an option, he was signed and the limited Reid's opportunity.

By having limited opportunity it soured Reid's experience here, and whilst us fans wanted him to succeed here, the individual experience/ability to settle, desire to play for the club diminished over last season. Whilst not ideal its hard to blame any individual for this, its all part of parcel of managing human beings.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    I don't believe he was signed for a return to the championship, its pretty much an impossible task.

I believe he was signed on a budget to do a job in the Premiership, then Camarasa became an option, he was signed and the limited Reid's opportunity.

By having limited opportunity it soured Reid's experience here, and whilst us fans wanted him to succeed here, the individual experience/ability to settle, desire to play for the club diminished over last season. Whilst not ideal its hard to blame any individual for this, its all part of parcel of managing human beings.
    Neil Warnock has said himself that the choice became Decordova-Reid or Camarasa, but I believe there are plenty of managers, especially younger ones, who would have thought those two are in, now how do I work the rest around them? Warnock, rightly, gets plenty of credit for our promotion, but seems to get away Scot free with many when it comes to our relegation. Camarasa or Decordova-Reid did not work last season because we got relegated - Fulham away was a microcosm of so much that was wrong with us last season.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Neil Warnock has said himself that the choice became Decordova-Reid or Camarasa, but I believe there are plenty of managers, especially younger ones, who would have thought those two are in, now how do I work the rest around them? Warnock, rightly, gets plenty of credit for our promotion, but seems to get away Scot free with many when it comes to our relegation. Camarasa or Decordova-Reid did not work last season because we got relegated - Fulham away was a microcosm of so much that was wrong with us last season.
    Considering how many posters have declared they want him gone after 1 game this season I'd hardly say he's come away scot free.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It depends, in my opinion we fared better last season than i and many other pundits expected. Again in our promotion season we fared better than expectations again.

Fulham away was a bad game, yes agreed, but in my opinion the season was a decent effort without blowing the budget.

Whilst i can see the opposing viewpoint on Warnock, and my preference would have been to keep Reid i do feel some posters are losing a sense or perspective on this issue.