+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Just who is this idiot?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Just who is this idiot?

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Well, you would wouldn't you ? RJK. Everyone now on the bandwagon trying to overturn a majority referendum vote to leave the EU, and some woman who owns a hedge fund company not acting on what the country voted for but acting so that she can make more money, stinks she is not even from the UK
    I suggest you read up what this decision actually means (not in the express or mail).

Feedback

seems perfectly sensible to me. surely Parliament and not the government is the ultimate authority in the UK, which is what Brexiters wanted? not even the Supreme Court can overturn primary legislation.

all that is being asked is for Parliament to give the Government consent. If we did not have this then MPs may as well stay in their constituencies on election night and forget about holding the government to account. Are Brexiters really advocating 5 year dictatorships?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I suggest you read up what this decision actually means (not in the express or mail).
    99% of the people who are saying that this legal challenge was simply about asserting the primacy of Parliament is lying. They were and are hoping that it will mean that the verdict expressed at the referendum will be ignored and we will remain in the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    99% of the people who are saying that this legal challenge was simply about asserting the primacy of Parliament is lying. They were and are hoping that it will mean that the verdict expressed at the referendum will be ignored and we will remain in the EU.
    I don't think you're right there. I haven't heard a single person saying that they want to reverse the decision of the referendum. Not without another referendum anyway.

If anything it will at least make the politicians nail their colours to the mast and stand by any decision they make, then if they cock it up they can at least be held accountable for it afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I don't think you're right there. I haven't heard a single person saying that they want to reverse the decision of the referendum. Not without another referendum anyway.

If anything it will at least make the politicians nail their colours to the mast and stand by any decision they make, then if they cock it up they can at least be held accountable for it afterwards.
    I have heard dozens of Remain MPs interviewed about this in the last day and only one (Ken Clarke - Tory) sais he would vote against triggering Article 50. Everyone else I heard (Labour and Tories - missed the other party reps) said they would vote for Article 50. They just want parliamentary sovereignty upheld and the broad outlines of the government plan (which doesn't exist) explained. All this talk about not revealing the Article 50 negotiating position is total nonsense. To start with the government hasn't been able to reconcile all the different views on its own side yet (at least 3 of them: No 10, No 11 and the 3 Brexiteers and even there Johnson is off on a loony tune all of his own). Secondly they will either try to retain access to the single market or not (most Tory MPs want to if possible with only a few on the right fringe wanting to stay out) but they know the price of free movement cannot be sold to 'Out' voters. That is something they should come clean on to parliament before the MPs vote. Then they want it all in the negotiations and won't get it. They want the single market, they don't want free movement, and they can't have both. Just how bad the 'best deal' will be won't be apparent until the negotiations are well under way and won't be discussed in detail by MPs until the end of the process.

The entire process is a cock up and shows the disunity and incompetence of the government. The court judgement is necessary and should have been anticipated. Who cares who brought the case - it did a service of clarifying the legal position and stopped the executive running away with the whole process without any accountability. The devil will be in the layers of detail.

Yesterday, you were (quite rightly, I thought) objecting to suggestions that Leave voters were thick.

Maybe it's time to stop the generalising on both sides?

Exactly, this woman is doing this because when we come out of the EU, she will not make so much money, greedy sod that she is, why doesn't she bugger off back to Guiana, where she comes from, and let us natives of this land get what we voted for

Exactly, this woman is doing this because when we come out of the EU, she will not make so much money, greedy sod that she is, why doesn't she bugger off back to Guiana, where she comes from, and let us natives of this land get what we voted for
    Shouldn't you be more angry with the judges?

No, if she and the "hairdresser chap" had not gone to court then the judges would not have made their ruling, having said that these judges live in their own little world, and have no common sense whatsoever, and who is to say that their ruling is correct,it is all down to interpretation, personally I think that the government is correct regarding their own view on it

No, if she and the "hairdresser chap" had not gone to court then the judges would not have made their ruling, having said that these judges live in their own little world, and have no common sense whatsoever, and who is to say that their ruling is correct,it is all down to interpretation, personally I think that the government is correct regarding their own view on it
    If you don't want Parliament sovereignty and think that someone unelected should be able to do what they want, perhaps you should have voted to stay in the EU.

butt flaps

Oh well that is a game changer.

When she was born, Guiana was British.

Regardless of what her motives are, if there wasn't a legal case for it the judges wouldn't have agreed with her.

We are having brexit, but it will be one debated and voted on in parliament as it should be, not one concocted by right wing Tories however they see fit.
    Anyone thinking these right wing Tories are looking to save the workers from the pernicious eu which will sell them out in favour of big business needs to take a step back and think again.

These same Tories are also looking at reducing the corporation tax to 10% - something which would cost the government budget 350m a week (where have I heard that number before?!). And you know that the right of the Tory party would not bat an eyelid at cutting public services in order to pay for that.
    So yes it is good that we have had this court ruling, as otherwise we are just letting some people with fringe political views have a free hand on things that will effect millions.

This sums up quite neatly a problem with the referendum and the Leave campaigns inaction against arseholes, whilst only a minority, the nasty xenophobic ***** feel like everyone agrees with them now.