+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 1 IPSWICH TOWN. Match thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Ipswich have won all of their last six games

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    A really tough game, Kieffer will want to score, let's see how we got on against the best team in the League on current form!
    I think that we are in for a sudden reality check after the last 4 utterly abysmal opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I think that we are in for a sudden reality check after the last 4 utterly abysmal opponents.
    You're probably right but I do think we're playing better too - new players gelling, bit of confidence, couple of players back from injury.

Either way it'll tell us if we should be looking up or down the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    A team can only play as well as the opposition allows. City should be given credit for stopping sides playing well rather than using the negative choice of saying that we only beat them because they were crap. Huddersfield had got 10 points from 6 games before playing us, including getting a point against Leeds, no mean feat currently.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    A team can only play as well as the opposition allows. City should be given credit for stopping sides playing well rather than using the negative choice of saying that we only beat them because they were crap. Huddersfield had got 10 points from 6 games before playing us, including getting a point against Leeds, no mean feat currently.
    I agree, we did stop Bristol playing and that deserves credit. It is also pretty lazy to just say we only beat sides because they are crap, Bristol had a decent go against Ipswich after they played us and had some decent results before didn't they?
    That said, we play slow boring football whoever the opponent so it couldn't be said Bristol stopped us playing, in the same way we stopped them, because we look the same on the ball whoever we play, perhaps a little more confident with 'lesser' opponents perhaps.