+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A special mention for Glatzel.

Re: A special mention for Glatzel.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    Glatzel has good technique, and you can tell he's a tidy footballer, but our system does not help him at all. Not sure which striker in the championship has the most goals to their name currently, but if you put them in our team instead of Glatzel you'd more than likely get the same outcome.

The system and team are the problem, let's not scapegoat Glatzel, he's only been with us for 5 minutes.
    Why does Danny Ward look streets ahead of Glatzel then? He’s truly, truly awful. I’ve seen more meat on a dirty fork, he’s so lightweight. I hope he proves me wrong but he’s one of the worst strikers we’ve had in a long time, and I’d much rather have Madine playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Forgot about vassell. He's just injured isn't he?
    He’s been crocked for the best part of 2 seasons before and in a shock development, he’s crocked again. He’s the worst of the lot, everyone knows he can’t stay fit. It’s completely unforgivable.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He’s been crocked for the best part of 2 seasons before and in a shock development, he’s crocked again. He’s the worst of the lot, everyone knows he can’t stay fit. It’s completely unforgivable.
    How much did we pay for Vassell?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He wont be on that kind of money, if that's what you meant. I understand that he gets little support, everyone can see that he doesn't have anyone to play off and it's no fun having the ball knocked up to your face and having to contest high balls when he probably isn't about that. I don't think that people are understanding the point i'm making. I don't think that he's any good, but when everything is going against you and you're playing for a manager who doesn't want to play,then i suppose Glatzel can only control the things that he can influence, like his first touch, like standing up and being competitive amd busting a gut to get into the box. He's not doing any of these things. I wouldn't have a go at him if he was doing those things, it's not his fault that he doesn't get any service, it is his fault when he ****ing gives up and doesn't fancy it, however isolated he may be.

I can see him being dropped pretty soon without a way back into the team. What in gods name was Warnock thinking when he brought him to the club?
    He’s not fast, he’s not strong, he’s not got a good touch, he’s not good in the air, he doesn’t put himself about and he doesn’t link play and he doesn’t get himself in positions to score. Apart from that, £5.5m well spent. Does the odd stepover when there’s nobody around him though.

How much did we pay for Vassell?
    2-3m was reported at the time

He’s not fast, he’s not strong, he’s not got a good touch, he’s not good in the air, he doesn’t put himself about and he doesn’t link play and he doesn’t get himself in positions to score. Apart from that, £5.5m well spent. Does the odd stepover when there’s nobody around him though.
    I know, he's dreadful. 5.5 million! Was there any other interest in him?

2-3m was reported at the time
    Jesus, it gets better. I can only think that Warnock is doing this as some kind of sadistic joke. He'd have a better hit rate if he was picking names out of a hat.

I know, he's dreadful. 5.5 million! Was there any other interest in him?
    Woodgate rates him but Boro are at the bottom end of the table so it’s not saying much

Jesus, it gets better. I can only think that Warnock is doing this as some kind of sadistic joke. He'd have a better hit rate if he was picking names out of a hat.
    I wonder if they have anything to do with Unique Sports Management....

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Neil Warnock teams are the graveyard for any would be striker.

Lump the ball up to ***insert name here*** and try and win a free kick or hold the ball up for 30 seconds until our pedestrian midfield can get anywhere near him.
    If they can't do that it's attack over.
    If they want to score they have to control the hoof, bring it down, beat the man challenging, beat 5 defenders that are goal side and then the keeper.

Jesus, I don't know why the lad hasn't got 20 goals already.

Let's ignore the main issue here though and slag a lad off who can't buy a goal in a system that isolates him in the opponents half with 6 players to beat on his own with a ball hoofed at his head.
    In agreeing with you, I also need to point out that he has had glorious opportunities and failed to even find the target.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Neil Warnock teams are the graveyard for any would be striker.

Lump the ball up to ***insert name here*** and try and win a free kick or hold the ball up for 30 seconds until our pedestrian midfield can get anywhere near him.
    If they can't do that it's attack over.
    If they want to score they have to control the hoof, bring it down, beat the man challenging, beat 5 defenders that are goal side and then the keeper.

Jesus, I don't know why the lad hasn't got 20 goals already.

Let's ignore the main issue here though and slag a lad off who can't buy a goal in a system that isolates him in the opponents half with 6 players to beat on his own with a ball hoofed at his head.
    Yep . That’s how I see it as well . He may be a footballer , no place for the likes of him and Tomlin in our rigid kick and chase tactics .

The system we played yesterday set everyone up for failure. However, Glatzel clearly isn't up to it. At least most of the team that played yesterday have show that they can be competent Championship players.