+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Well I for one am excited

Well I for one am excited

I'm very thankful to Warnock about what he did for the club, and the promotion season in particular was one of my favourite following City. He also gave me the chance to watch us play in the Premiership, being that I swerved the last time.

But things had undoubtedly gone stale and I'm excited to see what a new manager with new ideas will do with this squad and hopefully a bit of money in the transfer kitty, roll on the rest of the season

Re: Well I for one am excited

My level of excitement and expectation will depend on who succeeds Neil.

Another Neil (Harris) won't lift my level of either.

I'd be underwhelmed if it was Neil Harris.

I would echo this ^^

If it’s Harris or Bowyer, I’ll be underwhelmed. Possibly slightly less so by Bowyer.

I’d like a Welshman or a European....or a young, intelligent, worldy english (or otherwise) manager.

I’d just like to shrug off this hard working, down to earth, english club feel and go for something a little more modern feeling.

Unfortunately, the directors seem to give littlw creedence to the value of homegrown players or managers ans actually quite like the hard graftin’ british beef approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    I would echo this ^^

If it’s Harris or Bowyer, I’ll be underwhelmed. Possibly slightly less so by Bowyer.

I’d like a Welshman or a European....or a young, intelligent, worldy english (or otherwise) manager.

I’d just like to shrug off this hard working, down to earth, english club feel and go for something a little more modern feeling.

Unfortunately, the directors seem to give littlw creedence to the value of homegrown players or managers ans actually quite like the hard graftin’ british beef approach.
    Weren’t you whinging that people were having a dig at Flynn? He’s not modern and seems to mirror Warnock in the hoof it and work hard mould.. which you now say you want to get away from.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I'm very thankful to Warnock about what he did for the club, and the promotion season in particular was one of my favourite following City. He also gave me the chance to watch us play in the Premiership, being that I swerved the last time.

But things had undoubtedly gone stale and I'm excited to see what a new manager with new ideas will do with this squad and hopefully a bit of money in the transfer kitty, roll on the rest of the season
    The only thing that’s excited me today was seeing all the Lego my kids want for Christmas half price on amazon......buzzing

Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
    My level of excitement and expectation will depend on who succeeds Neil.

Another Neil (Harris) won't lift my level of either.
    Exactly, there's a level of excitement until you find out it's a Phil Parkinson type, even though he's a decent manager there's no spark of anticipation.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Weren’t you whinging that people were having a dig at Flynn? He’s not modern and seems to mirror Warnock in the hoof it and work hard mould.. which you now say you want to get away from.
    Welsh, young, plays less hoofball than warnock and will prossibly develop towards playing something more “expansive” as opposed to the “old dog” that is warnock.

When I’ve seen County play they weren’t all out long ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    I would echo this ^^

I agree with all of this but I'm still looking forward to seeing what happens

Does the fact that the deal is expected to be done in 72 hours mean that the next manager may not be currently employed?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    The only thing that’s excited me today was seeing all the Lego my kids want for Christmas half price on amazon......buzzing
    Thanks for the heads up.

What I want won't happen because it is already too late. I wanted us to get in a DoF and have him identify a manager who would take over from Neil when the time was right for him. Some club got slaughtered a few years back because they sacked their manager and had a replacement sorted in hours, showing that it was clearly premeditated. I was baffled by the criticism, surely that is exactly how it should happen unless the manager walks. I really hope we aren't actually doing the entire recruitment process in a matter of days