+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Greg Halford Next Year

Re: Greg Halford Next Year

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    He's more versatile than Cowie, next years player of the year, mark my words, oh if your unsure of what I've said ,please read about this again on the other board , it might ,make better sense .

Back to the topic I dont really think versatile utility players "deliver".

Hes there to back up injuries, and as you say help close a game out, but for me a striker scoring 20 goals is delivering not a squad / bench player.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Back to the topic I dont really think versatile utility players "deliver".

Hes there to back up injuries, and as you say help close a game out, but for me a striker scoring 20 goals is delivering not a squad / bench player.
    fwiw I agree with you. He's not the best midfielder, nor is he the best defender and I doubt he's that much good in front of goal, but useful to have on the bench as he can cover those positions. Sometimes in the dying minutes you want someone who will stick it (intentionally) into Row Z

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    fwiw I agree with you. He's not the best midfielder, nor is he the best defender and I doubt he's that much good in front of goal, but useful to have on the bench as he can cover those positions. Sometimes in the dying minutes you want someone who will stick it (intentionally) into Row Z
    As long as we dont have a team full of Greg Halfords then I dont think it hurts to have a player like him on the bench.

He says hes only at 75% this season so after a pre-season perhaps will get an improved utility player next season.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    As long as we dont have a team full of Greg Halfords then I dont think it hurts to have a player like him on the bench.

He says hes only at 75% this season so after a pre-season perhaps will get an improved utility player next season.
    So he has to get up to 175% to be half decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    So he has to get up to 175% to be half decent.