+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: America again.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: America again.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I know it doesn't, but it hardly strikes me as a great example of democracy in action when you can get anomalies like that - I'd say exactly the same thing if Clinton was now President with the election having gone the same way but with it being Trump who got three million more votes.
    The 1951 General Election saw the Tories win even though they lost the popular vote. Would you support a system where all the votes nationally, in either the UK and US, were pooled and the party or president who’d gained the most votes wins?

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    The 1951 General Election saw the Tories win even though they lost the popular vote. Would you support a system where all the votes nationally, in either the UK and US, were pooled and the party or president who’d gained the most votes wins?
    Just imagine, you could smuggle half of Mexico into California and win every election

Would you support a system where all the votes nationally, in either the UK and US, were pooled and the party or president who’d gained the most votes wins?
    You mean like the Brexit referendum, which Bob & co refuse to accept

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    You mean like the Brexit referendum, which Bob & co refuse to accept
    I would have thought your painstaking research would have shown you that I said on here on a few occasions that it was almost a toss of a coin job for me in the Referendum - I voted remain, but not with any enthusiasm. As for not accepting the result, my attitude straight after the vote was that the country has decided, so let's get on with it. Little did I think that in the two and a quarter years following the vote the leaving process would prove to be so tortuous with the party which brought in the five year fixed term regulation for Governments calling a totally pointless election which wasted a good portion of that time and only damaged themselves. This gave a clue as to the political nous and competence of this Government and a straight yes or no vote has been taken as being a justification for the sort of Brexit wanted by the like of Rees-Mogg, Fox, Johnson and Farage - the goalposts have been moved an awful long way since June 2016.

Why not? Otherwise it's akin to gerrymandering.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Why not? Otherwise it's akin to gerrymandering.
    See Wales-Bales’ posts immediately above yours.

See Wales-Bales’ posts immediately above yours.
    No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    No thanks.
    Truth hurts

BTW Bob Mueller has just been Kavanaughed. Who should we believe this time?

Truth hurts

Who is the poor woman willing to put herself through this kind of ordeal?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Who is the poor woman willing to put herself through this kind of ordeal?
    It should be fun though.. innocent until proven guilty, or guilty until proved innocent? What will the pundits have to say

Truth hurts

Just in case anyone is not up to speed on WB's cryptic comments.

Someone called Jack Burkman who badges himself as a Republican Lobbyist has invited the media to a press conference at a provincial Holiday Inn. There he has promised to unveil someone who will allege that Robert Mueller, the special prosecutor appointed to investigate Russian influence on the 2016 election, sexually assaulted her.

Jack has previous in that he has been at the forefront in peddling the Seth Rich conspiracy theory, that the Clintons were instrumental in his assisination. Something WB has also pitched.

Unfortunately for Jack, and WB, the woman lined up to make the accusation instead went to the press that people offered her money to clear her debts (they knew exactly the amount according to her) plus a sizeable sum. This was referred to Mueller who referred it back to the FBI for investigation.

Instead of the major expose (close to major elections which I know WB hates) his twitter feed is now complaining how can Mueller get special treatment to investigate these claims that were not afforded to others.

Someone called Jack Burkman who badges himself as a Republican Lobbyist has invited the media to a press conference at a provincial Holiday Inn. There he has promised to unveil someone who will allege that Robert Mueller, the special prosecutor appointed to investigate Russian influence on the 2016 election, sexually assaulted her.

Jack has previous in that he has been at the forefront in peddling the Seth Rich conspiracy theory, that the Clintons were instrumental in his assisination. Something WB has also pitched.

Unfortunately for Jack, and WB, the woman lined up to make the accusation instead went to the press that people offered her money to clear her debts (they knew exactly the amount according to her) plus a sizeable sum. This was referred to Mueller who referred it back to the FBI for investigation.

Instead of the major expose (close to major elections which I know WB hates) his twitter feed is now complaining how can Mueller get special treatment to investigate these claims that were not afforded to others.
    Exactly why I said he has been Kavanaughed, since his accusers were referred to the DOJ by the Judiciary committee for investigation.

So just to make things clear, are you doubting this new accuser before she speaks? I have no opinion yet, but I was just curious about your opinion.

The Republicans are a desperate party who will do desperate things. This was clearly a desperate attempt to smear Mueller. Good that it has backfired but it is appalling that this criminal behaviour is happening by the party in power.

So have I got this right?

When sexual misconduct complaints are made against people from the right, trump/kavanaugh/etc, the story (never with evidence) is that the complainants are being paid to make it up.

But a complaint or two against Mueller lasts about an hour before evidence that it's a bribe and fabrication comes to light.

There's a more recent example than that. In February 1974, the Conservatives had more votes than Labour, yet Harold Wilson became Prime Minister. That was the first election I voted in and I was pleased that the party I voted for won, but I've always thought it's unfair that the party or person that gets the most votes does not always end up the winners, so, to answer your question, yes I do.