Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
Re. losing interest in football, I know where you're coming from. Sky Prem. games are more often than not 'defence v attack, and the camera lense they use and the distance from the pitch makes it a impossible [for me anyway] to distinguish the players. Let's face it though, the game isn't as exciting as it used to be, a bit more akin to that over 60's walking football than the thrills and spills it should be producing.

Going back to last night I flicked back and fore a few times, the 1st to see City 2-0 down, and then at half time to see we had pulled a goal back. Last night was the 1st time in a long while when I thought 'we could snatch something from this'. Any time in the past 4 seasons I'd be expecting the home side to pop in another goal to stifle City's brief spell of hope, or at least close up and hang on for the points. Not so last night. It reminds me a little of when Richie Morgan took charge, and turned a team of losers into a side that could win practically anywhere..
Was thinking the same. Did we go something like 11 games unbeaten and ended up 9th at the end of season. I remember the pre season expectation for the following season, only to get whopped 4-1 at Notts county.
Spedger