Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
I don't think that Madine will be good enough based on what I've seen and his history as a footballer, i'd say that's reasonable enough, infact, Warnock would have done the same thing plenty of times, after all, that's how football works at every level at a Professional club, somebody has to make a call based on the information at hand. All I've read in support of Madine is that he's good in the air and is prepared to get his face smashed in, highly admirable. What else does he do, what can you see in his game that says to you that he could be useful for us and contribute to the overall play next season? It's not enough to say that he deserves a chance or could be a late developer, this is the highest level of football and it needs to be slightly more scientific than the opinions you offer. So come on, tell us what you see, what can he offer us at a higher level?
I'd add that he is really good at holding onto the ball and appears to have good awareness and touch to bring in others. I genuinely think he is more skilful than Zohore but doesn't possess his vital asset of pace.

He may end up being unable to make the step up to the Prem, but I do not think it is a foregone conclusion by any means. I have a great deal of respect for many of the other posters who think he has no chance - I just don't think that point has been proven yet.