+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Big Jim Eadie

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    tpcnw

Re: Big Jim Eadie

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Yeah, those players who played for the City when you first started watching them, remain in your long-term memory.

I can just about remember Jim Eaddie, more so his successor, Bill Irwin. Albert Lamour, Freddie Pethard, Peter Sayer, Clive Charles...
    Davies, Carver, Bell, Sutton, Murray, Harris, Jones, Clark, Lea, Toshack, Bird; Standard team for many months in 1970.

Quote Originally Posted by tpcnw View Post
    Davies, Carver, Bell, Sutton, Murray, Harris, Jones, Clark, Lea, Toshack, Bird; Standard team for many months in 1970.
    Those names just roll off the tongue for me as well

Barrie Jones broke his leg in 1969 and never played again. I heard he was a great player though.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Barrie Jones broke his leg in 1969 and never played again. I heard he was a great player though.
    Up at Blackpool.

tpcnw

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Yes you are right. This was the team for the last few months of 1968. Peter King must have been injured for that period since he was usually a regular when fit.

'...bless Freddie Davies and bless Peter King, bless Barrie Jones as he streaks down the wing, bless 'em all...'
    'We all agree, Davies is better than Yashin, Toshack is better than Eusebio, and Bristol are in for a thrashin'.
    No sure when Peter King came along, probably slightly later, but basically that's my earliest team.
    'If I had the wings of an eagle...' the good old days, the good old songs. Oh what fun we had.

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    '...bless Freddie Davies and bless Peter King, bless Barrie Jones as he streaks down the wing, bless 'em all...'
    'We all agree, Davies is better than Yashin, Toshack is better than Eusebio, and Bristol are in for a thrashin'.
    No sure when Peter King came along, probably slightly later, but basically that's my earliest team.
    'If I had the wings of an eagle...' the good old days, the good old songs. Oh what fun we had.
    Peter King was here before and during the Tosh/Clark partnership

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Well done Steve

Peter King was the first name on the team sheet from about 1963 onwards, up until about 1972.

Converted from a winger to a quality midfielder, after the success of Ingurlund’s wingless wonders in 1966