Re: Villa full backs

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Absolutely, better than any full back we have
    Debatable

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Absolutely, better than any full back we have
    Debatable.

No doubting he's had moments in his career that exceed anything our full backs have achieved.

However, time stands still for no man and football is played on grass, not paper, and apart from a few decent games in a Welsh shirt in the last few years Taylor is an average player.

Plus, apart from being Welsh, he's one stroppy **** and he's got one of those faces you'd like to smash. I'll be booing him tomorrow the Jack Bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Debatable.

No doubting he's had moments in his career that exceed anything our full backs have achieved.

However, time stands still for no man and football is played on grass, not paper, and apart from a few decent games in a Welsh shirt in the last few years Taylor is an average player.

Plus, apart from being Welsh, he's one stroppy **** and he's got one of those faces you'd like to smash. I'll be booing him tomorrow the Jack Bastard.

Absolutely debatable. Personally I would not swap Joe Bennett for Taylor & if we are talking all full backs then the same applies to Callum Paterson as I strongly believe that we have signed a real gem & I can't wait to see him play.

Taylor has done ok at international level but is helped significantly by the fact that we play with 3 central defenders & as I said earlier Ben Davies helps to cover up for his defensive frailties. If Villa play a back 4 & Taylor is one:one with Mendez-Laing in particular I can honestly see some good chances being created. Taylor is an overrated player in my view & interestingly a few Swansea fans I know were regularly telling me this when he played for them & they were pleased when he went to Villa.