+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Cardiff indoor musical arena

Re: New Cardiff indoor musical arena

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Leeds Arena is just off the city centre you moron. Coryton roundabout is about 5 miles away from Cardiff City centre.

You would argue black is white rather than see someone else’s point. You should transgender to being a woman.
    Leeds Arena has a extensive motorway system around it , including ring roads , to disperse traffic

Cardiff , if you didn't know , doesn't

That's why traffic is such a problem for big events

CCFC and a 15000 gig at this new arena

How are they all going to get in .....we only have the A4232 link road from coryton interchange to get all the traffic for football and rock concerts down to the new arena

Maybe we can kick off at 5pm

Can you get down in time ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Leeds Arena has a extensive motorway system around it , including ring roads , to disperse traffic

Cardiff , if you didn't know , doesn't

That's why traffic is such a problem for big events

CCFC and a 15000 gig at this new arena

How are they all going to get in .....we only have the A4232 link road from coryton interchange to get all the traffic for football and rock concerts down to the new arena

Maybe we can kick off at 5pm

Can you get down in time ?
    Cardiff gate and Cardiff West junctions off the M4 have decent access to the bay.

It’s 15,000 not 75,000 ffs

Cardiff gate and Cardiff West junctions off the M4 have decent access to the bay.

Yup, i live on a main artery into Cardiff and Traffic isn't much different on match days when City play or when the rugby is on. There are certain points that get busy due to Traffic joining, apart from that it's nothing much out of the ordinary, basically, it's always busy. The road i'm on would see a lot of people travelling down North and West of the City.

I have already mentioned the Cardiff West A4232 , that will get worse

Do you drive to ccfc games ?

You know that getting into and away from the Leckwith interchange is a nightmare as it is ? Surely ?

It's been named as the busiest and most clogged up exit around Cardiff

I have already mentioned the Cardiff West A4232 , that will get worse

Do you drive to ccfc games ?

You know that getting into and away from the Leckwith interchange is a nightmare as it is ? Surely ?

It's been named as the busiest and most clogged up exit around Cardiff
    It's going to be busy when 20,000 people are all leaving the same place at the same time, while other people are out doing their business as well. It's never been any different.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Yup, i live on a main artery into Cardiff and Traffic isn't much different on match days when City play or when the rugby is on. There are certain points that get busy due to Traffic joining, apart from that it's nothing much out of the ordinary, basically, it's always busy. The road i'm on would see a lot of people travelling down North and West of the City.
    What major artery ?

The main traffic routes into a Cardiff bay arena would be the A4232 ......absolutely rammed as it is .....i am stuck for 45 minutes most match days getting out , heading west

And the A48 Motorway section

People take this is coming along M4 from east or sensibly carry on to cardiff west to get onto A4232 link road to leckwith , bay

It's already snaggy

This is the area its clogged , where all the traffic converges , we havnt got the roads

What major artery ?

The main traffic routes into a Cardiff bay arena would be the A4232 ......absolutely rammed as it is .....i am stuck for 45 minutes most match days getting out , heading west

And the A48 Motorway section

People take this is coming along M4 from east or sensibly carry on to cardiff west to get onto A4232 link road to leckwith , bay

It's already snaggy

This is the area its clogged , where all the traffic converges , we havnt got the roads
    The A48 off the M4 as well, Southern way, Rover way, new link road along the dock.

It's going to be busy when 20,000 people are all leaving the same place at the same time, while other people are out doing their business as well. It's never been any different.
    Yes it has , it's far worse now , especially the Leckwith interchange for ccfc , shopping , Riverside, Canton, Grangetown......then more traffic for Butetown , the bay etc

It would be better off one of the main junctions or near the proposed Eastern Parkway Station

The A48 off the M4 as well, Southern way, Rover way, new link road along the dock.
    Yes , the A48M .....I have indicated that's already a feeder road but it's not good enough

These roads are not adequate as it is

What artery Road are you talking about ?

Yes , the A48M .....I have indicated that's already a feeder road but it's not good enough

These roads are not adequate as it is

What artery Road are you talking about ?
    Not adequate for what? 15,000 people going to a gig

Like everyone of those 15,000 will be travelling by car. No locals, no people staying in hotels or air bnbs in the bay and the city

How the **** does the CCS manage to host matches and gigs? How the hell does the Principality manage?

Give it up Sludge you glass half full miserable old Mike Hunt

Like everyone of those 15,000 will be travelling by car. No locals, no people staying in hotels or air bnbs in the bay and the city

How the **** does the CCS manage to host matches and gigs? How the hell does the Principality manage?

Completely agree. I live in the city, work in the city, live in a very busy central location. It gets busy, but like you say, not everyone is travelling at the same time on the same mode of transport.

Completely agree. I live in the city, work in the city, live in a very busy central location. It gets busy, but like you say, not everyone is travelling at the same time on the same mode of transport.
    Or the same two routes. The bloke is barking mad.

The Leckwith interchange , CCS , south west cardiff , the principality don't cope as it is

It's just throwing more petrol on things

What hotels ? There are hardly any 😂

Or the same two routes. The bloke is barking mad.
    Yeah, i should know better really. There's not much point arguing the Toss with Sludge. I'll give it a miss from now on

Which major artery Road do you live on ?

I don't need your house number

People driving into Cardiff , CCS , The Bay along that one link road from the motorway ?

If you don't use this route then I don't think you can say all is OK

Yeah, i should know better really. There's not much point arguing the Toss with Sludge. I'll give it a miss from now on
    Well you really havnt got a clue to be fair

Which major artery Road do you live on ?

I don't need your house number

People driving into Cardiff , CCS , The Bay along that one link road from the motorway ?

If you don't use this route then I don't think you can say all is OK
    I'm done sludge

You live in the city , work in the city , live in a central location

So what experience do you have of exiting the M4 and travelling around the link road to CCS , Butetown , The Bay .......all that western approach traffic .....all merging ......before sporting events , mums runs , commuter traffic ?

If you live where you say you live the entering and exiting and gridlock isn't of your concern

Another thread where he’s saying the opposite to everyone else but everyone else is wrong and he’s right. Mentalist. He’s like a Harry Enfield character.

It must be exhausting being him.

Another thread where he’s saying the opposite to everyone else but everyone else is wrong and he’s right. Mentalist. He’s like a Harry Enfield character.

He's on ignore.

And that's what I can't understand. If several people tell me I'm wrong, I'll think about whatever it is and reevaluate. Everyone could prove Sludge was wrong but he won't have any of it.

I would think it would be better just off the M4 with a dedicated train station , car parks etc

The NEC Birmingham is an example
    Exactly. we keep being told to use more public transport and not rely on cars, and then they build the things we want to visit in locations with no public transport links.

Today paul weller announced his tour next year, nearest venue is the ICC in Newport. Maybe Drakeford and his cronies can explain how i get there and back from Barry using public transport!

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    Exactly. we keep being told to use more public transport and not rely on cars, and then they build the things we want to visit in locations with no public transport links.

Today paul weller announced his tour next year, nearest venue is the ICC in Newport. Maybe Drakeford and his cronies can explain how i get there and back from Barry using public transport!
    He’s played Cardiff a million times and he just goes through the motions now anyway.

If i get on the A35 it's better than the A4 for me then get onto the M16 at the crossing of the A47. Then get down to the m7 and that will save me 40 minutes at the Cliff Richard tribute concert at the new old theater: On the way back back i'll take the new harry potter
    byway then the frank bruno sponsered ....

FFS get a grip

Tuerto who invented the skip ?

And what's this major artery you toothless scruff

Have you forgotten where you live ?