+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Declan John

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Declan John

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    Great reply, however I have to say that the game was for the taking and by bringing on Declan was a negative move imo.
    We were under the cosh for the last 25 so we needed a player that could change the game ie Whitts.
    I wouldn't say Whitts is the player I'd bring on when we're under the cosh, to be honest. I thought that bringing on John with his extra pace was a good idea and he proved it by hindering Fulham's wing backs and offering Richards support, also in fairness to the guy it was a fairly slim area to aim at with the ball dropping at speed whilst he was under pressure, plus he's a full back

My only qualm with the substitution is that it happened way too late, we used 1 sub and it was in the 86th minute for God's sake! It was fairly apparent from around the 70th minute onwards that a few players, Hoilett in particular, were tiring and we needed some changes as Fulham grew stronger, buoyed by their energetic subs

Re: Declan John

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I wouldn't say Whitts is the player I'd bring on when we're under the cosh, to be honest. I thought that bringing on John with his extra pace was a good idea and he proved it by hindering Fulham's wing backs and offering Richards support, also in fairness to the guy it was a fairly slim area to aim at with the ball dropping at speed whilst he was under pressure, plus he's a full back

My only qualm with the substitution is that it happened way too late, we used 1 sub and it was in the 86th minute for God's sake! It was fairly apparent from around the 70th minute onwards that a few players, Hoilett in particular, were tiring and we needed some changes as Fulham grew stronger, buoyed by their energetic subs
    This 100%.

When we looked lethargic and just lacking something from about 70 onwards there should have been 2-3 subs.

It was poor management in my opinion not to take off Hoilett who could barely walk