+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 221 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313272122 ... LastLast

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Glammy beat Essex by 1 run.With Chopra and Bopara in complete control it looked like Essex would cruise to victory. So two wins and three defeats in the RLC. Glammy still in with an outside chance of qualifying.
    Sounds a right nailbiter. Whilst pleased for them, nothing to really get over excited about (no pun intended).
    Would have been a lovely day to watch cricket too but I suspect many would be attendees would have been like me, wondering what they'd do for the rest of the day when the game finished!

Did you go then Pearcey, were there many there?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Sounds a right nailbiter. Whilst pleased for them, nothing to really get over excited about (no pun intended).
    Would have been a lovely day to watch cricket too but I suspect many would be attendees would have been like me, wondering what they'd do for the rest of the day when the game finished!

Did you go then Pearcey, were there many there?
    No chance mate. I was busy sorting out our garden. I may have gone had the team made a decent start to the season. Sounds like BS may have gone and in fairness he would have seen a cracking game.

No chance mate. I was busy sorting out our garden. I may have gone had the team made a decent start to the season. Sounds like BS may have gone and in fairness he would have seen a cracking game.
    First game I've made this season. I'm obviously a lucky charm

[QUOTE=Barry Shitpeas;4740041]First game I've made this season. I'm obviously a lucky charm [/QU
    OTE

Keep going mate.☺

There's hope if Ingram and Cooke can stay together

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/scorecard/ECKO41423

On the verge of defeat and being out of contention for a top three place

Lost by 16 runs, looks like all that's left now is T20 to progress anywhere and it's only the second week in May

Just wanted to share this with the cricket lovers. I got my tickets for boxing day in Melbourne, the in laws who are the outlaws have a cricket playing son so picked them up over in Oz.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Just wanted to share this with the cricket lovers. I got my tickets for boxing day in Melbourne, the in laws who are the outlaws have a cricket playing son so picked them up over in Oz.
    You lucky bugger, enjoy it

Wow, can't believe we've won that after needing 210 from the final 20 overs. A bit too late but still a great result regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Geraint! View Post
    Wow, can't believe we've won that after needing 210 from the final 20 overs. A bit too late but still a great result regardless.
    I could not believe we won.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    I could not believe we won.
    Nor me amazing recovery but too late as mentioned above, Ingram with another great innings

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/scorecard/ECKO41426

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Nor me amazing recovery but too late as mentioned above, Ingram with another great innings

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/scorecard/ECKO41426
    Yes and finally Cooke finds his form. Credit where it is due that was a fantastic win from where they were. Lets hope this is the start of something better.

Yes and finally Cooke finds his form. Credit where it is due that was a fantastic win from where they were. Lets hope this is the start of something better.
    With a little luck.

I had to stop following from when Glam needed about 240 off 23 overs. Can't believe they got the win!

I started listening when I got home yesterday afternoon and the first thing I heard was Carlson getting out. I switched off after that and didn't bother checking what had happened until about four hours later - there's not too much competition I know, but that has to be Glamorgan's best performance of the season.

As he did in the T20 last year, Ingram has proved himself to be one of the best one day batsmen in the country and, as Pearcey says, it was good to see Cooke, finally, make a contribution with the bat.

I'd like to see a few less Kolpak/foreign players in the Glamorgan side, but I must admit that the one we signed in the winter is beginning to look a shrewd acquisition - De Lange seems to have settled in now and he's showing an ability to get good players.

Another hundred for Ingram, Glamorgan currently 323-6 with eleven balls of their innings left against Kent.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/scorecard/ECKO41438

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Another hundred for Ingram, Glamorgan currently 323-6 with eleven balls of their innings left against Kent.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/scorecard/ECKO41438
    356/7 is a fine score. Good to see the batsman finding some form.

356/7 is a fine score. Good to see the batsman finding some form.
    Nice to think they are finding some kind of form.

[QUOTE=jeepster;4741913]Nice to think they are finding some kind of form.[/QUOTE

Shame about the bowling.. We went to the corresponding game two years ago when Darren Stevens got a century. He has done it again today. He is 41!

[QUOTE=Pearcey3;4741935]
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Nice to think they are finding some kind of form.[/QUOTE

Shame about the bowling.. We went to the corresponding game two years ago when Darren Stevens got a century. He has done it again today. He is 41!
    Just out for 147 off 67 balls, what an indictment it is of the England selectors that Stevens has not played senior international cricket at any level.

[QUOTE=the other bob wilson;4741937]

Just out for 147 off 67 balls, what an indictment it is of the England selectors that Stevens has not played senior international cricket at any level.
    Yep very unlucky

Glammy win by 15 runs and finish with four wins and four defeats but not enough for the top three.

First Team

Therein lies the problem they Turn it on when it's not needed.i guess a little bit of respectability but little else,unfortunately.