+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: leaked email

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: leaked email

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    I thought he flew sala out there?

Surely staying in a hotel in such circumstances would be an expense that is directly related to the flight?

Otherwise what was he supposed to do for the weekend in the meantime?
    If he was waiting for his passenger, then we are in the grey area of a commercial flight, i.e. his entire reason for being there.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    If he was waiting for his passenger, then we are in the grey area of a commercial flight, i.e. his entire reason for being there.
    Still 'expenses'. Maybe a question whether those expenses pass the "wholly and exclusively" test, but still expenses nevertheless..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Still 'expenses'. Maybe a question whether those expenses pass the "wholly and exclusively" test, but still expenses nevertheless..
    The flight would never have taken place without the existence of a requirment to transport Sala to Nantes and back, therefore I believe we are in the realms of contract law here and it's one for the legal professionals to sort out. This is besides the fact that some negligence may have also occurred

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    The flight would never have taken place without the existence of a requirment to transport Sala to Nantes and back, therefore I believe we are in the realms of contract law here and it's one for the legal professionals to sort out. This is besides the fact that some negligence may have also occurred
    I'm doubtful that is the case as you could say that about any flight involving passengers including the people the pilot regularly carries for parachute jumping. At best it is a grey area.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I'm doubtful that is the case as you could say that about any flight involving passengers including the people the pilot regularly carries for parachute jumping. At best it is a grey area.
    Are you talking about private parachute clubs whose members share the associated costs equally among themselves and generally use volunteer pilots, or those who offer gift vouchers to the general public in lieu of payment?