Painfully predictable and boring.

Re: Man City v Watford

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Yep. Not even worth bothering with

Biggest winning margin in an FA Cup final since 1902/03. Painfully predictable, though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Biggest winning margin in an FA Cup final since 1902/03. Painfully predictable, though.

So Man City battering Watford was a massive shock and completely unpredictable

So Man City battering Watford was a massive shock and completely unpredictable
    Well the odds on it happening were around the 50/1 mark, so I guess there must be plenty of you wise guys with full wallets today.

Heisenberg

Well the odds on it happening were around the 50/1 mark, so I guess there must be plenty of you wise guys with full wallets today.

5-0 was 20/1. 50/1 for 6-0 seems highly unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Could get forties and fifties for 6-0. 75 just before the first goal.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Do me a Faerber View Post
    Could get forties and fifties for 6-0. 75 just before the first goal.
    20/1 were the best odds for 5-0 on Oddschecker (put a fiver on and cashed out at 5-0) - seems bizarre that the odds would double for a further goal.

Wrong thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I don't know what the exact odds were and it would depend on what bookmaker you used, but I'm sure you could have got something like 40/1 or 50/1 on 6-0 for a 1/5 shot if you shopped around. For instance, AC Milan are 1/5 at home to Frosinone today. 6-0 is 45/1 with BetVictor.

Silly me, it truly was a shock that Manchester City, who've beaten Watford in each of their past 10 fixtures against one another by an aggregate score of 32-6, managed to overcome them in convincing fashion, a truly magical FA Cup shock

Silly me, it truly was a shock that Manchester City, who've beaten Watford in each of their past 10 fixtures against one another by an aggregate score of 32-6, managed to overcome them in convincing fashion, a truly magical FA Cup shock
    Come on now, you're being silly.....

Manchester City managing to overcome Watford in convincing fashion wasn't a shock, but neither was a 6-0 scoreline 'painfully predictable'.

Personally, like most people it seems, I expected City to win 2-0 or 3-1 or something like that, although a 1-0 victory similar to their semi-final victory over Brighton or their recent win against Leicester wouldn't have surprised me. 6-0 did surprise me, though.

I'm sorry for you that you didn't enjoy the game. I thought it was excellent entertainment. Man City are a joy to watch when they're in full flow and their work-rate is astonishing.

Come on now, you're being silly.....

Manchester City managing to overcome Watford in convincing fashion wasn't a shock, but neither was a 6-0 scoreline 'painfully predictable'.

Personally, like most people it seems, I expected City to win 2-0 or 3-1 or something like that, although a 1-0 victory similar to their semi-final victory over Brighton or their recent win against Leicester wouldn't have surprised me. 6-0 did surprise me, though.

I'm sorry for you that you didn't enjoy the game. I thought it was excellent entertainment. Man City are a joy to watch when they're in full flow and their work-rate is astonishing.
    You do realise that the comment that we're referring to was made at 3-0?