+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Another mass shooting

Re: Another mass shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I believe you get the kind of society you deserve. If, apparently, the majority of the American population are happy for everyone to own a gun for their own protection (against whom - it depends who you ask it seems?) then all it takes is a tiny minority of that population with some warped mentality to cause mayhem. The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing (Edmund Burke).

I had a cousin in Pennsylvania whose husband kept a rifle at home. A perfectly normal bloke, he used it for hunting but told me he was perfectly prepared to use it to defend his home. I remember visiting them just after the famous Tony Martin case (the guy in Norwich who shot two burglars in his house) and he was gobsmacked when I told him that this guy had been arrested and jailed for killing the burglar, something which he (cousin) would have done without hesitation!
    I met a guy in Texas who shot dead a Mexican who had broken into his home (and got away with it scot-free) and a militia man who was convinced that the UN's intention was to take over the world and that he would be ready for them. He also thought that European leaders were communist. And who was out Prime Minister at the time? Margaret Thatcher. To think that such people have access to guns is truly frightening.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    I'd be keen to know who would win in a battle between a self trained militia armed with assault rifles or a tyrannical government blowing them up from drones they can't even see.

Reality has moved way beyond the purpose of the second amendment that all it does now is make sure more people get murdered than in comparable countries.

Perhaps you should study the War of Independence then. Try reading about the battle of Trenton.
    I'm guessing that you wouldn't personally know an smp from a banjo, but low tech often beats high tech in the real world.
    - you also assume that U.S Forces would kill their own people on the say so of foreigners.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Perhaps you should study the War of Independence then. Try reading about the battle of Trenton.
    I'm guessing that you wouldn't personally know an smp from a banjo, but low tech often beats high tech in the real world.
    - you also assume that U.S Forces would kill their own people on the say so of foreigners.
    Absolutely bizarre response. Eric Cartman's point is that the constitution is badly out of date, and your response is to cite conflicts from before its existence!

Where does he assume that us forces would kill their own people on the say so of foreigners?
    Who are these foreigners ?

Citation for that figure? Would be keen to work read the study that made that prediction.
    I made the prediction myself, but I'm quite certain that anyone who knew much about it would agree. There are far more guns than people in the USA, people have them in their attics and garages in remote areas and criminals who have access to firearms aren't going to give them up either.
    A Japanese General ruled out a land invasion of the USA because " there'd be a gun behind every hedgerow".

You'd be surprised how much stuff exists in the real world which has yet to be substantiated by a pencil necked theorist doing a study on it.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Absolutely bizarre response. Eric Cartman's point is that the constitution is badly out of date, and your response is to cite conflicts from before its existence!
    I disagree that the Constitution is " out of date ". So do millions of Americans, and they'll fight for it. If Americans ever want to change their constitution or laws they'll do that themselves. I mentioned Trenton and 1776 because that was the last time foreign slaves tried to enforce the will of their masters on the American people by force .

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Where does he assume that us forces would kill their own people on the say so of foreigners?
    Who are these foreigners ?
    Is he a US citizen then ? He wants patriots "killed by drones they can't even see".

There are more substantial foreign interests working to undermine the U.S Constitution actually, but I'm not going to attempt to discuss them here.

Is he a US citizen then ? He wants patriots "killed by drones they can't even see".

There are more substantial foreign interests working to undermine the U.S Constitution actually, but I'm not going to attempt to discuss them here.
    Combining that comment with this: "you also assume that U.S Forces would kill their own people on the say so of foreigners", is Eric the foreigner you're talking about and are you saying that a Cardiff City messageboard user is in such a position of power that he could order US troops to fire on citizens?

This thread is ****ing bizarre

When did he say that he wants patriots killed by drones they can't even see?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    This thread is ****ing bizarre
    WB gets involved, and the thread dies. Happens every single time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    WB gets involved, and the thread dies. Happens every single time.
    Just pointing out the absurdity of what people are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Also says Chuck and Nancy are the government.
    i never said they are the government matey, but hypothetically speaking they are the only ones who would order a drone attack on gun owners if they were in power!

IMO, there is an underground civil war going on in Merica at the moment, I understand that its their 2nd amendment right but don't think i could ever want, or agree with it, mass shootings/killings have not suddenly become a norm in the land of the FREE!, but i cannot remember mass shootings politicised in the way that they are currently, there was also an incident in Chicago which hasn't received as much attention, prolly because only 7 got injured, but it was a multiple incident. I note this morning that Cloudfire have pulled their hosting for 8chan, but another hosting Co. will take it on, if there is a buck to be made!!!. It's a sick world at the moment and we end up arguing on here who is the sickest, if a human wants it that bad enough they will find a way, Thomas Hamilton and Michael Ryan managed to pull it off in a country with relatively strict gun ownership laws, I do think that our strict gun laws have contributed to the UK having a low incident count, that low, i could remember these two names without having to bing. Knife crime? now that's a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Knife crime? now that's a different story.
    And acid attacks.

On the say so of foreigners? Which part of tyrannical government is hard to understand?

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    You get your knickers in a twist and your head explodes when there’s a sniff of anti Semitic behaviour in the Labour Party but you’re insinuating that commenting on ridiculous gun laws is unbalanced argument ?

You come across as an odd chap fair play .
    This thread is littered with some of the oddest characters on this board.

I think if you stood many of them in a room and gave me a sticker with their board name on it I’d get the majority of the odd people correct.... obviously some may get more than one sticker placed on them 😂😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    This thread is littered with some of the oddest characters on this board.

I think if you stood many of them in a room and gave me a sticker with their board name on it I’d get the majority of the odd people correct.... obviously some may get more than one sticker placed on them ��������
    You'd have to wear a trench coat to accommodate all your stickers

I was convinced this thread couldn't get more bonkers when I posted my, completely ignored, contribution to it this morning - not a bit of it!

On the say so of foreigners? Which part of tyrannical government is hard to understand?

Oh ,these matters are all quite complicated and hard to understand. That's why it takes a lot of experience and knowledge to try and tackle them .
    A tyrannical government may or may not be operating under Foriegn influence . In the days of Trenton they were and in my opinion and that of many well informed people , the current threat comes largely from abroad in the form of politicians who's allegiance is not to the USA or the USC, and who could conceivably form a government .

By the way, I think it's probably unlikely that you'll come up with anything that's hard for me to understand and I wouldn't ordinarily point that out but like some of your little gang you seem to be trying to occupy the intellectual high ground , and that's frankly preposterous.

Oh ,these matters are all quite complicated and hard to understand. That's why it takes a lot of experience and knowledge to try and tackle them .
    Considering you can't use punctuation correctly, I'd stop giving it the whole I'm better than you schtick. It doesn't suit you.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I was convinced this thread couldn't get more bonkers when I posted my, completely ignored, contribution to it this morning - not a bit of it!
    You should be flattered your post got ignored

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    You'd have to wear a trench coat to accommodate all your stickers
    I’d easily pick both (or more) of you out
    Last edited by StraightOuttaCanton; 05-08-19 at 13:00. Reason: Realised that both maybe inaccurate

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    You should be flattered your post got ignored
    Yes, I was thinking that .

How aren’t we all in agreement with this topic