+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Our Supporters

Our Supporters

I'd always thought we had a knowledgeable and loyal fan base.
    We certainly used to and we certainly have had until recently .

I hope and think we still have, but this message board makes me wonder.

I've never seen a club message board before where people have nothing good to say about the players, manager of the football they play. In fact I don't think I've seen one where there are quite so many with no idea about the game, but that's not so important.

Can it be that a small number of "anti supporters" have gained a stranglehold in this particular place, or is this now the standard position of former supporters ?

People are still going to the games and there seems to be a positive atmosphere there, and people away from this forum still seem to love the club, so what's going on ?

I find it depressing and I certainly can't listen to it much longer, but I wonder, if there's anyone else here who actually likes or loves the club and wants it to succeed , won't they please speak up ?

Re: Our Supporters

Shut up Barnett and put your gimp mask back on

Wow !
    Is this what we're dealing with now ?

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    I certainly can't listen to it much longer
    This is great news. Off you go.

I think everyone on this board love the club and all appear very knowledgeable about football. However, refreshingly, the overwhelming majority are not sycophants who bury their head in the sand when they recognise the club is not where it should be.

Your position is -

Warnock is a legend and can run the team as he wants for as long as he wants. He cannot be questioned. The board should also not be offended in anyway as they are doing their best.

Anything that deviates from this premise is disgraceful in your opinion. How is that reasonable?

The manager and board do things that are poorly conceived or executed. They also do good things, for which they receive positive reinforcement. You (and they )are being naive if you think there will be no reaction to sloppy work.

Do you think the second coming Sir Neil would happy clap a poor performance from his players?

If you have been watching City for as long as you say, you’ll have heard the term “Sort it forkin out!” shouted from the terraces. This happened in the 70’s , 80’s , 90’s ..... supporters of this club have never been coy about telling people to pull their fingers out.

Stop trying to sensor people through guilt tripping.

This seems to be a recurring point made by the OP and one which is not echoed by many others.
    I would counter that some people seem to hang on every word “Sir Neil” says.
    The last time I checked, I wasn’t a lemming and I’m free to decide for myself if I think things are going well at the club.
    It’s my considered opinion that they are not and that seems to be echoed by a number of posters on here, who are widely respected for their analysis across the club, including its academy.
    I haven’t come across anyone who “hates” the club, only people who are unhappy at the way it is being run.
    Last edited by The Hooded Claw; 03-09-19 at 11:40. Reason: Typo

I'd always thought we had a knowledgeable and loyal fan base.
    We certainly used to and we certainly have had until recently .

I hope and think we still have, but this message board makes me wonder.

I've never seen a club message board before where people have nothing good to say about the players, manager of the football they play. In fact I don't think I've seen one where there are quite so many with no idea about the game, but that's not so important.

Can it be that a small number of "anti supporters" have gained a stranglehold in this particular place, or is this now the standard position of former supporters ?

People are still going to the games and there seems to be a positive atmosphere there, and people away from this forum still seem to love the club, so what's going on ?

I find it depressing and I certainly can't listen to it much longer, but I wonder, if there's anyone else here who actually likes or loves the club and wants it to succeed , won't they please speak up ?
    One massive fishing exercise or has Ronnie got an attention seeking disorder?

I'm sure most on the board have knowledge of the game and support city.

I'd agree that it seems an overly negative place however. Nothing wrong with good debate but whatever the club says or does at the minute is wrong.

I don't remember it being quite so miserable during a time of relative calm before. Perhaps that's the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    One massive fishing exercise or has Ronnie got an attention seeking disorder?
    He's definitely got plucky little Cardiff City syndrome, but perhaps this is him being an intellectual again and it's all a bit over our heads?

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    This seems to be a recurring point made by the OP and one which is not echoed by many others.
    I would counter that some people seem to hang on every word “Sir Neil” says.
    The last time I checked, I wasn’t a lemming and I’m free to decide for myself if I think things are going well at the club.
    It’s my considered opinion that they are not and that seems to be echoed by a number of posters on here, who are widely respected for their analysis across the club, including its academy.
    I haven’t come across anyone who “hates” the club, only people who are unhappy at the way it is being run.
    Is this just OP disagreeing with himself?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Is this just OP disagreeing with himself?
    Nope. It’s me completely disagreeing with the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    He's definitely got plucky little Cardiff City syndrome, but perhaps this is him being an intellectual again and it's all a bit over our heads?
    I have no problem if Birdie sees himself as 'defender of the faith' and follows blindly the religious doctrine of Warnocks, Cardiff City. I have no issue with him voicing an opinion and disagreeing with anyone else.

I suspect though that Birdie is a parody account who is just on here for his own (weird) self gratification in trying to wind people up.

Do you read message boards for other clubs frequently enough for this comment to carry any weight? If so, why?!

Act a ****.

Look all surprised when people treat you like a ****.

Cry with fake outrage.

Ignore thread.

Move on

Comment on another thread

Act a ****

Get called a ****

Cry fake outrage

Move on....

You’re a boring ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Do you read message boards for other clubs frequently enough for this comment to carry any weight? If so, why?!
    I made a similar post in another thread which he ignored (not that I give a shit... I admonished myself for getting sucked in, as I’m doing again now 😂)

He’s on record (paraphrased) as saying he’s not really interested in football at all... lives near PL grounds and even lived within site of Barcelona’s ground but couldn’t care less about them.... it’s Cardiff City or nothing for him... yet he apparently visits multiple other clubs message boards?

Tedious prick

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    I made a similar post in another thread which he ignored (not that I give a shit... I admonished myself for getting sucked in, as I’m doing again now 😂)

He’s on record (paraphrased) as saying he’s not really interested in football at all... lives near PL grounds and even lived within site of Barcelona’s ground but couldn’t care less about them.... it’s Cardiff City or nothing for him... yet he apparently visits multiple other clubs message boards?

Tedious prick
    He offered me 10/1 with a 500 quid stake on a bet. I’ve no idea what he was on about that he “originally offered me” and since I’ve pointed out he didn’t offer me **** all before that stupid post he’s conveniently ignored it.

Just like he ignored me when I called him out on his comments about Neil Warnock sorting the club top to bottom- pointing out the academy is a shambles for one and so is the transfer committee for another.

Yep, he blanked me.

He only likes posting if you abuse him, so I caught him with some abuse and tried to get him back on track with the NW the saviour discussion, but he didn’t want to discuss it, all while complaining about abuse and people not discussing things anymore.

The bloke is a wally.

Well a very bad attempt at a wind up, acting like one.

I’d have thought being critical, moaning when you reckon things are going wrong, having a go at poor performances etc is a fair indication that you do care about the club, the Gunman gets slagged out on occasions for pointing out the obvious ( ok, he does enjoy playing up when he’s hooked someone) but, no matter how much he denies it, he does it because he cares, he followed the City for too long just to flick the switch off. We all care in my opinion, it’s just that things piss us off now & again and there’s no better place than a message board to let off steam. The OP must have been horrified when he first picked up a fanzine (if he ever did!!!) and read gritty articles on the club rather than the sanitised, everything’s marvellous dronings of the official programme. Unless he’s taking the piss out of us all he’s completely missing the point of club message boards.

It was a general offer, not just for you, and no one took it up.

In my opinion the club is doing, and has done very well.

I have sometimes formed very different opinions to the manager on certain issues, but I've got the plain common sense to understand that he knows more than me on these matters, and the practical realism to know that as long as he's the one in charge and giving the orders, then it's my duty to support whatever decisions he makes.

That's how discipline and good order works to prevail in adverse circumstances.

It's one thing to make the odd comment and suggestion - it's the whole point of message boards in fact - but this constant withering fire of negativity is something else altogether.

Someone said I'm trying to censor people . Well, I'm not. Of course people must say what they want to, but I'm just appealing to them to reconsider what they say and be aware that it can reach a point where it becomes nothing but destructive.

To answer someone's question, of course I have a look at other club boards from time to time when they are about to play Cardiff. I think a lot of people do that,so I don't need to defend what I choose to read , but I'll tell you this, if I ever saw another club message board with this much desolation I'd know they'd be a pushover.

On this subject, be assured that our players and management , players and management from other clubs and the press read these kind of message boards too. The effect of this one can only be to discourage our team and motivate opponents.

In life generally you can think you're going to win or accept that you can't , and either way you'll be right. If I'm in a minority of one I'm still not going to join those who are determined to lose, and I still don't believe that the comments here are typical of our real supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Ask Jurssey

In my opinion the club is doing, and has done very well.

I have sometimes formed very different opinions to the manager on certain issues, but I've got the plain common sense to understand that he knows more than me on these matters, and the practical realism to know that as long as he's the one in charge and giving the orders, then it's my duty to support whatever decisions he makes.
    Neil Warnock brought on Rhys Healey vs Fulham, in a must win game and 2 games later, he was sold to MK Dons, while leaving Bobby Reid on the bench. Warnock has enough experience to be criticised and while he has done extremely well for Cardiff City in the main, there are times when I think what on Earth are you doing? It was a gamble and it did not work at all, and he should be questioned why he did it.

Can you honestly say we've bought well under Warnock? His free transfers and bargains have been sensational but the minute the chequebook comes out, they flop. We've spent over 40m in fees under him and we've got a second choice keeper and Josh Murphy out of it. I'm deliberately excluding this season's players as it is too early to judge.

Also, you are aware that these people care about the club as well? People don't whine about what he could/should have done because they're being tossers. Most of the posters on this website desperately want us to succeed.

It was a general offer, not just for you, and no one took it up.
    I'll take up your offer. How are you going to prove it?

I couldn't care less what the parody above says or anyone else for that matter. I support the club how I see fit and tough to anyone who doesn't like it.

It's like this.

Last year we were there, unfortunately we couldn't quite hold on and slipped down a small snake. Even after that though we started this summer with only having a small ladder to go back up to the top row. However, the club and manager decided not to take the option of the small ladder and move back a few squares, so the small ladder is now longer. The next step is crucial, if we move back another few squares there's a big snake waiting and the ladder to get back up will be much longer than the one we had 3 or 4 months ago! - courtesy of Eric!

Personally I think we've missed the chance of the little ladder because the club, manager, owner were too cautious and reserved.