+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: So you want to stay in the EU?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: So you want to stay in the EU?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Wasn't it the case that almost a third of Welsh MPs voted with the government? Something like 15 out of 37? Hardly a landslide.
    Scotland - 49 against war and 7 for war.
    Wales - 31 against war and 7 for war [ 2 abstained].
    NI - 10 against war and 0 for war.
    England - only 195 against war and a whopping 258 for war.

Result 285-272 against the war, there were 3 Lib-Dem mps in Wales in coalition with Cameron and not one voted for him and war, one even voted against him, even a Conservative mp in Wales voted against war, he didn't abstain he voted against, in Scotland there is only one Tory mp and he voted against war, not abstained but voted against (100% of Tory mps in Scotland vote against the war hey), all the SNP and all Plaid mps voted against war, even the DUP voted against war, some abstained and some voted against.

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Scotland - 49 against war and 7 for war.
    Wales - 31 against war and 7 for war [ 2 abstained].
    NI - 10 against war and 0 for war.
    England - only 195 against war and a whopping 258 for war.

Result 285-272 against the war, there were 3 Lib-Dem mps in Wales in coalition with Cameron and not one voted for him and war, one even voted against him, even a Conservative mp in Wales voted against war, he didn't abstain he voted against, in Scotland there is only one Tory mp and he voted against war, not abstained but voted against (100% of Tory mps in Scotland vote against the war hey), all the SNP and all Plaid mps voted against war, even the DUP voted against war, some abstained and some voted against.
    Am I missing something (quite possible!) as it states here that 15 Welsh MPs voted in favour of the government? Apols if I'm on the wrong horse. Rushing about, you know

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Am I missing something (quite possible!) as it states here that 15 Welsh MPs voted in favour of the government? Apols if I'm on the wrong horse. Rushing about, you know
    Aug 2013 vote in the HoC Cameron failed to persuade the House to intervene in Syria.