+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bristol captain now suspended for tomorrow's game : retrospective action for simulation.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Bristol captain now suspended for tomorrow's game : retrospective action for simulation.

This is what the FA panel considers in these cases.
    1.Is there contact between the players involved?
    2.Is there fair/normal contact between the players, resulting in no offence being committed?
    3.Is a player legitimately avoiding contact with his opponent to prevent injury?
    4.Has the player initiated the contact between his opponent and himself in order to deceive the referee?
    5.Does the player exaggerate the effect of a normal contact challenge in order to deceive the referee?

As the player was clearly pushed in the chest but fell to the floor clutching his face with both hands I assume that he has been found guilty on point 5 ".Does the player exaggerate the effect of a normal contact challenge in order to deceive the referee"
    He clearly was exaggerating to deceive.
    I hope Bristol appeal & he gets an even longer ban & the club get fined, cheating barsteward

Re: Bristol captain now suspended for tomorrow's game : retrospective action for simulation.

Quote Originally Posted by headlight View Post
    This is what the FA panel considers in these cases.
    1.Is there contact between the players involved?
    2.Is there fair/normal contact between the players, resulting in no offence being committed?
    3.Is a player legitimately avoiding contact with his opponent to prevent injury?
    4.Has the player initiated the contact between his opponent and himself in order to deceive the referee?
    5.Does the player exaggerate the effect of a normal contact challenge in order to deceive the referee?

As the player was clearly pushed in the chest but fell to the floor clutching his face with both hands I assume that he has been found guilty on point 5 ".Does the player exaggerate the effect of a normal contact challenge in order to deceive the referee"
    He clearly was exaggerating to deceive.
    I hope Bristol appeal & he gets an even longer ban & the club get fined, cheating barsteward
    That was in the original post