+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If you were allowed to bring in only one player in January

Re: If you were allowed to bring in only one player in January

There's this centre forward at Blackpool.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    There's this centre forward at Blackpool.
    And a centre half at Djon

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    And a centre half at Djon
    Scored today in a 5-0 French Cup win.

Kemar Roofe

Can play as a striker or a winger.

If it's one player then were fooked

Quote Originally Posted by alan_corneli View Post
    Scored today in a 5-0 French Cup win.
    Happy for him.

If the reasons touted are true, family, then I understand completely, but often were just fed a line.

If we sold Etheridge for say 8 million I’d love to think we could get a joe Allen type of midfielder here, I doubt he would come to us but stranger things have happened. Him, Tomlin and ralls would be great I reckon. Heard he has family living in Cardiff so it’s not that hard to imagine.

Doubtless we'll sign someone from Bristol City before the window shuts.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    A Barry Bannan type player to pick the ball up off our centre half’s and control the tempo of the game

He’s got the passing range to find Tomlin, to find our wingers. With Joe Ralls energy alongside that type of player and Tomlin in front that’s a massive improvement on Bacuna and Pack!!
    Isn't this how Pack tries to play? The problem is that our movement off the ball is so poor that he has very few options in front of him when he tries to pick a pass.

Joe Allen. Him, Ralls and Tomlin would be a class midfield

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Isn't this how Pack tries to play? The problem is that our movement off the ball is so poor that he has very few options in front of him when he tries to pick a pass.
    Pack is too slow and limited on the ball to do the role JR is talking about. He wants far too many touches and passes before releasing a pass and gets caught out too many times.

Our movement is definitely not helping him but the guy plays the game at a snails pace so even if we did have our attackers moving properly he’d still look for the safe pass. Bristol try to play a bit of football and they binned Pack off because he doesn’t suit their style, says all you need to know

I'm digressing slightly here, but this was posted on the Birmingham City forum by one of their fans...

"Look how Cardiff were able to get the ball to feet in our box. Look at the constant movement they had. We do not have this. We had a wonder strike from Bella out of nothing and a header from Juke but we do not create chances in open play."

Yeah, I know, I had to read it twice too..

https://www.smallheathalliance.com/read.php?1,2795130

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Tries too but as Llandaff says he doesnt recycle the ball quick enough for me and he hasnt got a great passing range. Give the ball away cheaply quite a lot. I acknowledge your point about movement, that is an issue as well, but for me Bacuna and Pack slow us down massively. The amount of touches Bacuna needs to get the ball out of his feet is alarming for a former Premier League footballer.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Tries too but as Llandaff says he doesnt recycle the ball quick enough for me and he hasnt got a great passing range. Give the ball away cheaply quite a lot. I acknowledge your point about movement, that is an issue as well, but for me Bacuna and Pack slow us down massively. The amount of touches Bacuna needs to get the ball out of his feet is alarming for a former Premier League footballer.
    Our entire midfield needs an overhaul. We have to find a partner for Ralls and a someone that could control the game, alongside his legs. This makes Ralls look like Roy Keane but he's so far ahead of our other centre midfield options it's untrue. If we can replace Vaulks with someone that can knit things together like Allen does for Wales, I'll be pleased. That, a striker, a winger and a left back. Not asking for much .

Alternatively, get to 50 points and play some young lads. We might as well use the season to either build for next season or see what we've got, which I suppose is building for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Our entire midfield needs an overhaul. We have to find a partner for Ralls and a someone that could control the game, alongside his legs. This makes Ralls look like Roy Keane but he's so far ahead of our other centre midfield options it's untrue. If we can replace Vaulks with someone that can knit things together like Allen does for Wales, I'll be pleased. That, a striker, a winger and a left back. Not asking for much .

Alternatively, get to 50 points and play some young lads. We might as well use the season to either build for next season or see what we've got, which I suppose is building for next season.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    The contract length is a but fishy but I actually think Bacuna's done alright for us. To answer the OP's original question, a CM that can create. If Tomlin doesn't play it's hard to see where our goals come from
    Bacuna had a spell around September time where he was brilliant for 3 or 4 games. Why can't he play like that!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    Bacuna had a spell around September time where he was brilliant for 3 or 4 games. Why can't he play like that!?!
    You could make the same point about a lot of the squad.

Most of them are capable of more than they have shown this season. That is down to them in part (accepting that injuries and passing years have an impact) but it is mainly down to the manager and his coaching team to get them playing to their maximum, in the right shape and with the right attitude. I think the jury is still out with Harries. He talks a pretty good game, and has hinted at what he is trying to achieve with greater possession and quick passing through to the top third (although he could be clearer on his objectives and preferred style), but so far it has only happened in patches on the pitch.