+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Generous people of Cardiff

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Generous people of Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    I was thinking of that before mate. Wondering why this should be.I don't see them as a market force in that way. You need to be referred to them as I understand by an agency involved in welfare. Not to say that some folk will try and get access to them to ease the strain who perhaps have food in the fridge. Minimal I would think. It's just tinned food and dry goods isn't it. Not like you're scoring big . Unless you and/or you're children are genuinely hungry.
    Looked to his up and it seems there's varying ways you can qualify.

It also appears 'some' abuse the system ( isn't there always)

A lot used by asylum seekers ( which Daily Mail thinks is awful 🙁) and often those who've had their benefits suspended.

It's nothing new though. Years ago we had soup kitchens.

Re: Generous people of Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Looked to his up and it seems there's varying ways you can qualify.

It also appears 'some' abuse the system ( isn't there always)

A lot used by asylum seekers ( which Daily Mail thinks is awful ��) and often those who've had their benefits suspended.

It's nothing new though. Years ago we had soup kitchens.
    Ah the Mail.

We used to have lots of things, food shortages, rationing, the plague. I would hope that we could move on. I bump against any argument against this. it is right and proper to do so. Just cause it did happen doesn't mean it should in the future or the present.

Thanks for getting back mate. Pearcy is right as well there. A lot of folks who hit on the hard times won't bang the drum and stand up for themselves.

Food banks in this day n age are for the despair. Thought we agreed as a society to have safety nets.

Conversation is a good one. Good stuff.