+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Premier League final day

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Premier League final day

so after all the twists and turns, the richest club wins the league, and the 4 richest are in the top 4 .

what a crock of shit

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    what a crock of shit
    Yeah, load of rubbish. With classy, stylish sides like Swansea and Barnsley leading the way, the Championship's obviously far better.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Yeah, load of rubbish. With classy, stylish sides like Swansea and Barnsley leading the way, the Championship's obviously far better.
    for all the amazing world class footballers at the likes of man city and Chelsea, they somehow fail to generate any kind of strong feelings from me either for or against, they just kind of exist and win matches.
    honestly give me the championship any day of the week

honestly give me the championship any day of the week
    The Championship this season was utter garbage, as evidenced by the fact that a functional Norwich side were able to walk away with it while sides as desperately limited as Swansea and Barnsley were able to make play-offs.

The Championship this season was utter garbage, as evidenced by the fact that a functional Norwich side were able to walk away with it while sides as desperately limited as Swansea and Barnsley were able to make play-offs.
    The sides coming down performed badly too, 29 points keeps you up....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    The sides coming down performed badly too, 29 points keeps you up....
    Nope. Read that several times and still don't understand it.

Nope. Read that several times and still don't understand it.
    You didn’t get many o levels did you?

I think that's a bit harsh on Norwich, they've been a lot more than functional. don't Be fooled by their terrible premier League season the last time around.
    they have a core of players who were likely to be playing premier League football next season even if Norwich didn't go up.
    Aarons pukki, cantwell and Buendia would all have been snapped up.
    either of the Cardiff sides to have won promotion - there weren't clubs queueing up to pick apart any of our any of our championship sides.

they will have a battle to keep Buendia as it is, who is one of the best players at this level in years, has even just been given an Argentina cap. I think he'll go to a top half premier League side for close to 50m

I think that's a bit harsh on Norwich, they've been a lot more than functional.
    Norwich spent much of the season winning games by the odd goal. They rarely battered anyone. Indeed, during the first half of the season they only managed to beat two teams by two clear goals - Bristol City (3-1) and Cardiff (2-0). They were good, solid, organised and had that bit of quality that most teams this season lacked, but they were by no means special.

Norwich spent much of the season winning games by the odd goal. They rarely battered anyone. Indeed, during the first half of the season they only managed to beat two teams by two clear goals - Bristol City (3-1) and Cardiff (2-0). They were good, solid, organised and had that bit of quality that most teams this season lacked, but they were by no means special.
    they got 97 points

Swansea were a decent mid table side who had a good run of results, and Barnsley a very effective one dimensional side.
    I don't think it has been weak this year at all though.

usually the sides who come down there are one or two who are in a complete mess, with a bloated squad of overpaid players who can't contribute. none of the relegated clubs this time around were in that kind of a mess. they were all able to keep together enough quality in their teams to be very strong at this level. I do fear it is the shape of things to come as well

Swansea were a decent mid table side who had a good run of results
    A good run of results? Swansea were in the top six almost all of the season.

A good run of results? Swansea were in the top six almost all of the season.
    yeah but throughout the season they outperformed their stats, they seemed to have a knack of picking up wins from games they had no right to. dodgy last minute penalties etc.
    great habit to have but not a repeatable one in the long run

so after all the twists and turns, the richest club wins the league, and the 4 richest are in the top 4 .

what a crock of shit
    Leicester's fault for being colossal bottle jobs

what a crock of shit
    Today was the first time I’ve watched a PL game in 2 seasons

what a crock of shit
    4 richest remain 4 richest, 2 of last year's promoted sides go straight back down and the 2 relegated sides from last year go straight back up.

In a season which removed fans and many had shortened break over the summer meaning a lot of football over short period of time...it really helps to have a deep and high quality squad bought by wealthiest owners in the league.

what a crock of shit
    Agreed. I did think we were going to see a couple of different sides making the CL places this year, but no, it's the same old faces.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Agreed. I did think we were going to see a couple of different sides making the CL places this year, but no, it's the same old faces.
    It's almost as if the biggest, wealthiest clubs have an advantage over the others. Crazy stuff. That doesn't happen in other countries, does it?