+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Swansea Supporters

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Swansea Supporters

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Maybe, but a lot if thehome games they have lost we’re to the ones you would hope to win. Bournemouth playing well at mo. A lot of tough home games coming up fir them in new year. Usually, you would say they will fluke a few wins somehow but not with all the boardroom issues and king Jenkins hate now....lol
    Seeing the job that Clement (a good and well respected coach) is doing as a manager sort of highlights why Osian Roberts is better off where he is in the Wales set-up.

As for Swansea, I think they've had an easier run of games than last season and they will need a new manager and some cash in January to turn it around.

As for Tan being a great owner, another sub 20,000 crowd despite the club being 3rd, and despite there being no home games for nearly 3 weeks (previous low crowds have been attributed to too many games, and no 3pm Saturday kick off) is, in my opinion, largely down to his previous actions.

Ticket prices - spot on, very reasonable.
    Team performances - very good, exceeding expectations.
    No home game for 3 weeks
    Saturday 3pm

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Seeing the job that Clement (a good and well respected coach) is doing as a manager sort of highlights why Osian Roberts is better off where he is in the Wales set-up.

As for Swansea, I think they've had an easier run of games than last season and they will need a new manager and some cash in January to turn it around.

As for Tan being a great owner, another sub 20,000 crowd despite the club being 3rd, and despite there being no home games for nearly 3 weeks (previous low crowds have been attributed to too many games, and no 3pm Saturday kick off) is, in my opinion, largely down to his previous actions.

Ticket prices - spot on, very reasonable.
    Team performances - very good, exceeding expectations.
    No home game for 3 weeks
    Saturday 3pm
    Football supporters are transient,they come and they go,they always have they always will.
    A nice run in the premier league will see a lot of them back down the city saying they have been watching the city
    For 15,20 or 30 years conveniently forgetting they stayed at home for 4 or 5 years whilst they were protesting over some misplaced feeling of being wronged.
    I hope you stick by Merthyr a little longer than you stuck by Cardiff when the going got a little tough for you Mr Disloya?

The Swansea Cardiff derby is a great game with genuine hatred emitted, put me in mind of the Rangers Celtic games where you can almost taste the emotion. It is of course an emotion that is irrational ,why would you hate someone for supporting a different side to yourself ?
    I live down on the Gower these days ,travelling back and forward to Cardiff for work and my football. When I am out and about in Swansea I see the locals wearing their Swansea tops with pride ( maybe not quite as much pride these days) youngsters, teenagers ,grown men and old men alike. The fact is no matter how much you dislike them, they are following their local side.
    There is a ridiculous amount of Man U and Liverpool fans in South Wales, I prefer to see the footballing people supporting their local side . When Swansea drop out of the top league many of the local Swansea colours will be swapped for a more famous or whichever side is sitting top of the premier league , it happened in Cardiff when we dropped out of the premier league . Is that really good for Welsh football ?