Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
Leeds I'd say and that hardly went well did it.
As a football club, there will always be great expectation placed upon any manager of Leeds United, it goes with the territory, regardless of how good or bad their squad might be.
I decided to Google to find out what the strength of the squad was that Neil Warnock had at Leeds at that time. I came across this:-

...."The football itself was horrible. Turgid, slow, overly aggressive and physical to the point of detriment when it came to indiscipline. The pace and verticality that once came with the likes of Max Gradel and Robert Snodgrass had long departed the club with them. Michael Brown was the best characterisation of the biggest team of cloggers in Leeds United history, already at the club, and waiting in wings for Warnock. Together they formed the most nauseating manager-player love affair in football, making the Sam Allardyce & Kevin Nolan axis look as cultured as Mourinho & Carvalho at their peak. Nothing says more about the man’s time in charge than failing to play a young Ross Barkley on loan and opting for “Browneh” instead."

Has a familiar ring to it.