Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Speeding fine conundrum ?

Good result.

Wonder if the cloned car will be found?

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Good result.

Wonder if the cloned car will be found?
    Hopefully the OB will do an ANPR check, stop him and throw the book at the guy.

The cloned car will only be caught if it is physically stopped by the Police or crashed & cannot be driven away.
    Any offences caught on unmanned cameras, Gatso, mobile speed vans, cameras at lights etc etc will result in nothing as now there is no registered owner/keeper of my old reg so no one to send the fines to.

Quote Originally Posted by headlight View Post
    The cloned car will only be caught if it is physically stopped by the Police or crashed & cannot be driven away.
    Any offences caught on unmanned cameras, Gatso, mobile speed vans, cameras at lights etc etc will result in nothing as now there is no registered owner/keeper of my old reg so no one to send the fines to.
    What's the rego , I might get a numberplate made up for my car

Quote Originally Posted by headlight View Post
    Won't it show up as NO INSURANCE ?

PS;--- Hope you've told your insurance company and breakdown people of the change of reg.

Yes the cloned car will show up as having no insurance once I have changed my reg & informed my insurers as well as being a cloned reg number but if it is picked up by a camera then the camera unit will have no address for the vehicle.
    If it is spotted by a Police patrol car then that is another matter.
    Once I receive my new V5 & reg number I will inform my insurers & the RAC.
    I don"t have to do anything about my MOT as although it will be in a different reg DVLA/VOSPA apparently attach a not on their system to say the reg of the vehicle has changed then when I next MOT it it will be done in the new reg.