Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
This I do not get at all though BIS.
The only thing I can think of why these spats occur is because somebody is on a wind up.
It is usually obvious when this is the case and you either contribute to the thread or ignore the thread.

So when you have people on Ignore, as you have said you have, do you get to see anything that poster has said, say if somebody you don't have on ignore replies to that post?
These "spats" occur because someone is on the windup. Usually the first person to throw an insult, or change a post into one about personalities and not about the topic. If someone comes back with an insult that is witty, I tend to laugh along with that. If the insult is more personal, or just poorly thought out, then that person goes on ignore.

What do I see.

OK, so in this thread I see things like

Today, 11:49
dml1954
Reserve

This message is hidden because dml1954 is on your ignore list.
View Post
Remove user from ignore list

In this thread alone, I have ccfc_is_my_life, Hartley, and Straight Out of Canton on my ignore list. Let me know if they replied to this post by answering your question, or whether their comments were more about personalities than the subject matter. If it is the latter, I suppose it's because I am on a wind-up or trolling. If it is the latter, then it means the ignore function works fine for me because I am no longer wasting my time reading their stuff.